Omaha, NE (Midwest) Oct. 9th Custom Electronics Wrap-Up and Impressions
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #17 of 35
Thanks, I had fun.

I am glad to hear that my HD600 still sound good after 6 years, 3 broken cables and replacing the pads 3 times because they were hard and crusty from constant use.  I have definitely got my moneys worth.

I was disappointed with the HD800 but also happy I didn't buy them.  I was extremely impressed by how well the ps1000s with flat pads sounded on my Gilmore lite.  It was the audio equivalent of a ricer car engine swapped with a turbo v8.  I might have to buy a pair if we are offered a discount next year.

I also had a good time at the whiskey tasting.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 35
And I now know why you didn't like the HD800's. You're wearing them backwards. O.o

The drivers are angled and wouldn't sound right at all if you wore 'em backwards.

Oct 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #21 of 35

Quote:
The photo was faked, the amp wasn't even on at first, haha.

Oh okay. lol matajuro uses troll bait. It's super effective!

That being said, mata's a fantastic photographer. The picture he took of my 325i is just phenomenal. So good I had to make it my profile pic!

I've been listening to the HD800/Ultra Desktop combo and damn it's good. It's amazing just how good it is. It's one of the least fatiguing setups I've ever listened to, and that's without crossfeed. I actaully don't care for crossfeed as an example.

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #22 of 35
Is crossfeed one of the switches on the front of that amp? I know i had to flip something because it was extraordinarily bright, like too much for me and I like a bit of brightness. Once I flipped that switch those 800's came to life!

Also Mata your pictures turned out great. You have a good camera and a keen eye for pictures it seems, you even made me look good.

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 35

Quote:
Is crossfeed one of the switches on the front of that amp? I know i had to flip something because it was extraordinarily bright, like too much for me and I like a bit of brightness. Once I flipped that switch those 800's came to life!

Also Mata your pictures turned out great. You have a good camera and a keen eye for pictures it seems, you even made me look good.

That was probably the brightness switch. If you remember it's placement you can consult the following image if you want to verify:

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #27 of 35
Twas me but I must have got it from Amazon's mp3 store I swore I had the physical copy. It is encoded VBR though.

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #29 of 35
No pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back