Omaha, NE (Midwest) Oct. 3rd Custom Electronics Wrap-Up and Impressions
Jan 5, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by slytown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up raiding my mom and dad's stacks and went from having 20 albums to about 120. Ling, check out discogs.com. Great site for vinyl. I can get a lot of good stuff for under $10. Have you been to that vinyl shop downtown yet?

Antiquarium, Homers, Drastic Plastic, I've checked all of them out. Antiquarium seems like the most likely place to find a real deal. Though if I ever need brand-new wax, both Homers and Drastic Plastic are awesome.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Antiquarium, Homers, Drastic Plastic, I've checked all of them out. Antiquarium seems like the most likely place to find a real deal. Though if I ever need brand-new wax, both Homers and Drastic Plastic are awesome.

I went to Antiquarium after the meet. I'll have to check out the other two after my conference in March.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swore off Homer's. To hell with supporting local businesses. I've never bought a used CD from them that wasn't scratched and they turned down all my trade for even slight imperfections. It was just infuriating. And only one or two of 'em should even worry ya'. It was a good 20+ albums.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swore off Homer's. To hell with supporting local businesses. I've never bought a used CD from them that wasn't scratched and they turned down all my trade for even slight imperfections. It was just infuriating. And only one or two of 'em should even worry ya'. It was a good 20+ albums.

Sorry to hear about that
frown.gif
I guess I've never had any real negative experiences there, though I've only been in maybe 5 times. One cool thing, though, was when a cool employee gave me my cable ties for $.99 because I was wearing my Pelican shirt.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #50 of 54
There's a pretty sizeable record store in Council Bluffs: Kanesville Collectibles. They have wierd hours and have little organization, but have a TON of vinyl.

Worth checking out; it's where I got my copy of Thriller.

BTW, I just got my compass. It's good stuff in both super mode and the built-in amp.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a pretty sizeable record store in Council Bluffs: Kanesville Collectibles. They have wierd hours and have little organization, but have a TON of vinyl.

Worth checking out; it's where I got my copy of Thriller.

BTW, I just got my compass. It's good stuff in both super mode and the built-in amp.

So can you use all the cool Creative(TM) features you'd get with the headphone out (CMSS, EAX, etc) using optical out from the card to the DAC? Also, how does this sound in super mode with line out to the LD amp?

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #52 of 54
Anyone else planning on going to CanJam2010? I have my hotel already for Saturday.

By the way, just got back from Omaha and spent $100 at Antiquarium. Got some sweet stuff.

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #53 of 54
Good Stuff. Wish I could go, but I start my masters up again and I have next to no paid time off at my new job.

Not surprised about the vinyl purchases, BTW.

Nylan

EDIT: And this reply is a LONG time coming to Aynjell: I don't have a optical cable long enough to go from my computer to the compass, so I haven't hooked up that way. I've been using USB, which bypasses my sound card completely. Actually, I need to reinstall the drivers for my sound card...I've been using the compass almost exclusively since I revamped my computer with some much needed parts. I'll have to shift stuff around and install it on my next day off for ya, aynjell. Sorry that reply took so demm long.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #54 of 54
Any chance of another meet this year? I was just getting back in the swing of things last year.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back