Omaha, mini/maxi meet>??
Apr 21, 2008 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kain

Head-Fier
anyone local knows the local shops don't really have a market for high-end headphones, thus don't sell much, I have pretty much medium-quality stuff now but am looking to step it up, I just would like to hear some combos before I make any decisions, anyone interested>????

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Well, I have the gear listed in my sig, but it's far from complete (someday, a LD MK II). However, I do at least have a hard-to-find-in-retail beyer.

Oh, and if you ever want to demo Grado (I believe up to the SR-125), go to custom electronics near 72nd and pacific. It's right next to a pizza chain.

If you want to demo a DT 770/80 and a K240 Studio, you can always go to Guitar Center in Lincoln.

Otherwise, from the group that I know that lives here there is a K501, HD 280, ES7 (lincoln), and an HD 650 (my brother owns a pair; he lives in Lincoln, but works in Omaha).

As far as amps go, everyone I know is lacking. As to other Omaha goers, Gritzcolin is the only other one that springs to mind. I don't know what he currently owns.

That's about all I can help you with. There is always the trip down to Lawrance, KS for a meet (generally a good selection of cans for a fairly small meet). Great bunch of guys, too. Generally a meet happens about every 6-8 months.

Otherwise, PM me.

Nylan

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I live up in Sioux Falls, but heading down to Omaha is no big deal, seems I am there once a month anyways. I can probably grab my Millet-MAX I sold to my buddy, and I am acquiring parts for a MOSFET-MAX. I have a PINT, RA-1 Clone(Well, I am still doing the casework), and a naked SOHA. I have a pair of HD-600s, RS-1s, and AKG K501s.

I really sucks that Omaha Electronics ( I think that was the name) closed, he had a room full of tubes.

But yeah, I am in.

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 5
how about for maybe a span of the next month or month-and-a-half we all list some weekends we are open so we can correlate something, I am definitely interested in this. I am not open memorial day weekend or mother's day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back