OM Audio InEarPeace hybrid IEM. The single BA/single dynamic driver IEM done right.
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #16 of 31
Which Comply version fits these stems (I gather these have pretty large posts)?

If you have time, could you please indulge me with a favour... if you could rate it on a scale of 1-5 comparing it with any of the other IEMs that you are familiar with in http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-308-iems-compared-rbh-ep1-added-01-01-14-p-836 

I do understand that there will be a degree of subjectivity involved but I'm trying to get a sense of what "above average" might mean. My previous ones were rated by ljokerl in the above thread as 3 - 3.5 for isolation so I'm hoping to land something better than that. 

Thanks again!

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #17 of 31

If you have time, could you please indulge me with a favour... if you could rate it on a scale of 1-5 comparing it with any of the other IEMs that you are familiar with in http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-308-iems-compared-rbh-ep1-added-01-01-14-p-836 

I do understand that there will be a degree of subjectivity involved but I'm trying to get a sense of what "above average" might mean. My previous ones were rated by ljokerl in the above thread as 3 - 3.5 for isolation so I'm hoping to land something better than that. 

Thanks again!

T-400 and TSX-400 fit them just fine. They aren't any bigger than my old HiFiMan RE-ZEROS. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 31

Thanks again!

I just did an experiment for you, and I turned off all the electronic and noise making appliances in the room, and turned up my DAP/AMP while wearing the OM Audio's, and my fiance said she couldn't hear anything until I turned the DAP/AMP nearly full blast. So with my E11, that was between 7-8. No noise heard from 1-6, so I'll give the isolation a 4.5/5. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 31
  I just did an experiment for you, and I turned off all the electronic and noise making appliances in the room, and turned up my DAP/AMP while wearing the OM Audio's, and my fiance said she couldn't hear anything until I turned the DAP/AMP nearly full blast. So with my E11, that was between 7-8. No noise heard from 1-6, so I'll give the isolation a 4.5/5. 

Wow! You did that WHILE wearing the phones??? Thank you so much! I hope I'm not responsible for any hearing loss you'll experience henceforth! :D

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #20 of 31
  Wow! You did that WHILE wearing the phones??? Thank you so much! I hope I'm not responsible for any hearing loss you'll experience henceforth! :D

hahaha you're welcome, and it was uncomfortable for just a second. I don't normally listen to my music turned up really loud, so for this one instance, it was fine. Plus you got me thinking about the isolation and noise leak on these things. They are aluminum housings, so I think that also helps?

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 31
I don't know if aluminium housings help, but these don't look like they are vented so that should be a plus as far as isolation goes. So does deep insertion which has an ugly trade-off as it feels really disconcerting for me. Are these shallow or deep? 

For me, isolation is more about me not hearing the outside world (specifically, the constant roar of airplane engines) and less about leakage TO the outside world. I find that if isolation isn't good enough, I have to turn the volume up to hear any decent detail and that's bad long-term.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #22 of 31
These have what is described as having a pressure system. I don't exactly know the tech, but these are so comfortable, and no, deep insertion is NOT needed.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #24 of 31
I've had these things since Christmas and no complaints yet. I choose these over my v-moda 100's and grado 60s. There is nothing I've played through my iPhone that sounds less than amazing. I just can't seem to get bored of them.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #25 of 31
The OM AUDIO are a great buy

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #28 of 31
Thanks for this wonderful review!  These headphones were listed on woot.com for a mere $38, so I immediately came here to see if they could possibly be any good for such a low price.  Finding out they normally sell for double and triple that price, and have many happy buyers, I jumped on the deal.  $5 shipping and tax added, one can still get them for $45 delivered.

Thanks again!

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #29 of 31
  Thanks for this wonderful review!  These headphones were listed on woot.com for a mere $38, so I immediately came here to see if they could possibly be any good for such a low price.  Finding out they normally sell for double and triple that price, and have many happy buyers, I jumped on the deal.  $5 shipping and tax added, one can still get them for $45 delivered.

Thanks again!

Found it.  http://electronics.woot.com/offers/om-audio-inearpeace-in-ear-headphone?ref=cnt_wp_0_1

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #30 of 31
The deal came back again if anyone is looking to get a pair of these, here's an updated link:
http://electronics.woot.com/offers/om-audio-inearpeace-in-ear-headphone-1?ref=cnt_wp_2_4

I did the same thing, I saw the price reduction, quick head-fi search gave me a positive result, order shipped for $45.  Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back