Olive ONE
Dec 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Jmac823200

New Head-Fier
http://www.myoliveone.com/

Have any of you guys seen this??? The specs for it are pretty incredible (it features a 32-bit/384kHZ DAC by Burr Brown... Yikes!). I haven't used any of Olive's equipment before but it looks like they've been around for a while. Could someone please post their experiences with Olive equipment if they've ever used it in the past?

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 35
Price depends on size of drive you want.  This info is on the website but it is not a well designed website.  Though they are making the site better over time.

Yup
http://myoliveone.com/Designs

I will probably try one of these but only after they have a solid production/release date.  

Quote:
how much is it?  any USB output?

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 35
Hey ztsen,

I've paid 499$ for the 1tb version. When they reach 500.000$ (if the orders come in at the same rate the did last two months they'll reach it easily) they include a connectorbox for free that also has connectors for analogue output,ethernet,USB and digital out.
I'm excited to receive it, olive has a high reputation in soundquality. The reviews at hifimagazines are also raving. and since its crowdfunded a lot of wishes from buyers will be put in the one.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 35
Quote:
Hey ztsen,

I've paid 499$ for the 1tb version. When they reach 500.000$ (if the orders come in at the same rate the did last two months they'll reach it easily) they include a connectorbox for free that also has connectors for analogue output,ethernet,USB and digital out.
I'm excited to receive it, olive has a high reputation in soundquality. The reviews at hifimagazines are also raving. and since its crowdfunded a lot of wishes from buyers will be put in the one.

I thought the unit itself  already have all the connections? so need separate connector box?
I am thinking of the basic unit. later add the harddisk myself.

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #8 of 35
OK, I should have looked a little more closely at the website before spouting off about the wireless only. The following picture and blurb from their site seems to indicate a one-cable connection involving power and speakers, and possibly an octopus:

Clutter free connectivity.
Usually the most annoying and ugly part with electronic devices is managing the cables. Usually. With our Olive Pac!, the power supply and speaker wires are cleverly combined and hidden from view. No cable mess. And you can customize the sleeve to match the design of your ONE.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #9 of 35
its nothing like an ipad because of the much higher audioquality due to the integrated amp and dac. you can hook it up to your speakers and thats it. for people who own a really expensive dac and amplifier can buy the connectorbox so they can get the maximum out of there stereoset with the benefit of a digital highquality source (that supports YouTube,miracast,pandora, flac etc.etc. check the site for what it supports)

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #10 of 35
So the olive isn't wireless? How can I have it on my couch if a have to hook it to a wire to run my speakers? I have to agree with the poster above, the product itself is not defined. It doesn't really say what the olive is, just that you can pick unique colors, etc.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 35
i think you must read with a bit more attention. it can do wireless streaming via miracast,WiFi and Bluetooth.. its a kinda new and updated squeezebox. a device that's not supported anymore and a bit dated.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #12 of 35
So I stream it from this device, how to I get it into my stereo? There needs to be a simplicity and transparency of explanation which the website does not have. I develop websites for a living so I should know. But I can pick unique pretty colors... lol

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #13 of 35
ok,sorry that you can't find out how it works. If you check out the post of runswithaliens right above your post here you'll see how it works. anyway this is for people who are interested. if not, then go troll elsewhere.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #15 of 35
We don't have to argue about it.... I agree that the website is not completely clear about connectivity and such. It's easy to see this thing as an overhyped piece of potential vaporware. Then again, Olive has a good reputation and this crowdsourcing thing is kind of a novel approach.... so we'll see how it goes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back