Oldheadfier Looking for new cans and doesn't want to search
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

r3cc0s

500+ Head-Fier
Hi ya'll
I've basically been out of this scene for the last 2-3 years or so, since I thought I found my ideal setup and moved back into Stereos

However, recently my RS-2's died, thanks to my brother not understanding that he needs to run my HPA-1 amp through "conditioned" power

So anyways... I've heard alot of cans... but nothing new and only the ATH-900 from Audio Technica

I've heard:
My Grado's
225s\325s
AKG 501s
Own MDR-V6s
AKG 240 :p
Beyer DT-250 50ohm
Sennheiser 580/600
CD3000

out of the bunch, partnered up with my Rega Jupiter & HPA-1, I liked the involvement and uniqueness (fun) of my Grado's best

What I missed by using Grado's, was the soundstage that could be had with cans such as the Senns & AKG 501s
Even the set of ATH900's I'm borrowing from a buddy right now, has substantially more headroom than I can recall from the RS2s

However, though I could easily "live" with the ATH900s... these closed cans just feel veiled and lacks the pace/impact and even seems like bass depth that my RS2s reminded me of (yes yes, a $200 can vs a $500ish one)

Anyways... what are the recommendations with the new line of Products?
The last "newer" can from Sennheiser I Can remmber is the HD650... which even with proper equipment, I would rather take a 580/600

NE ways
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back