Older System Component Combinations
Apr 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sylr87

New Head-Fier
      I have been slowly putting together a home listening system.  Started with the Fostex T50RP's, picked up a Technics SA-303 tuner at the flea market and a cheap turntable from Wal-mart.  Yesterday I stumbled across a Nakamichi CD 3 Music bank.  I am happy with the sound of this frankenstein that I am creating.  I need to clean the pots on the 303 to get rid of some static on the volume knob.  I am not interested in keeping things stock and have replaced the lights over the tuner with UV leds while I had it open for cleaning of the boards.  
     After getting the Nakamichi on the bottom of the stack, I am now thinking of painting the faceplate of the 303 flat black.  Any inputs on how to re-print the numbers and letters in white if I do?
     I have been bitten by the bug and am slowly looking into more vinyl and upgrading the cartridge and head on my turntable as well as build a better platter.  I am interested in what others have done by way of modding or changing old gear.  Pictures would be great, I will post my own soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back