Old VS new IE80 VS DUNUs VS 1more
Jan 22, 2017 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mannaburn

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone! I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about where the IE80 sits on the rating table these days.

They go for somewhat of a steal on amazon and for someone being out of the game for so long, I don't know if they're still worthwhile in comparison to the new IEMs.

Flipping through the forum, many people seem to recommend DUNU Titans and 1mores. Are they... good for the price? Or do they redefine the price/performance curve?

I've always wanted the IE80s but now that they're in my price range, I don't want to buy an "obsoleted" device due to the progress in IEMs over the years.

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 4
I am grabbing the ie80's so I'll let you know what I hear when they arrive. In truth, good sound does not become obsolete. There will always be a next great way of producing it, but the idea of great sound becomes highly subjective so I would say that if it sounds good, it is, regardless of the way it is being reproduced. my experience with Sennheiser products has always been positive, and as a professional musician of 30 years, I would say my ears are pretty well attuned to accurate reproduction. In any case, I'll let you know how they sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 4

I tried the ie80 and I didn't like them a ton.
They were okay but I didn't feel like I was getting enough out of 260$ that they cost me at the time.

I returned it and got the FLC8s which was like 90 dollars or so more. It felt like a better value to me and the sound was definitely more to my liking.

I recently purchased the IE800 however and the FLC8S haven't gotten as much eartime.

Hope that helps. It honestly comes down to your desired sound signature. What type of music do you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back