Old technologies which deserve attention and usage
Jul 20, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #92 of 95
Speaking of 1.6 gallon per flush toilets, I was wondering about shower heads. I think now you can not get one that goes over 2.2 gallons per minute in the US. I've heard of people removing some type of washer in shower heads but I've never actually seen it, and I've heard of people buying showerheads out of country.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #93 of 95
Many showerheads are now built to allow the flow restrictor to be removed. However, it can be a catch-22, if you haven't got the water pressure at the head to support the higher flow rate, the result may still not be that great. This usually isn't a problem in older houses built before the restrictions were put in place.

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #94 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if we are going to stay in the spirit of the op: transportation and at least what seems to be industrial revolution times, i will say the bicycle. it is once made, sometimes maintained, but propelled by an infinite source of renewable energy.

its footprint is small so that if in mass use, cities could shrink, people could walk again, lessening obesity and dependence on the selfish and dangerous automobile which enables evil to be more evil and holds the good in people captive till they exit the contraption.

I would love to live in a place where it is practical to use a bicycle as primary transportation. As it is, I live in the midwest where there are not nearly enough bike paths or lanes, everything is so spread out that getting around would require riding excessive distances, and drivers have zero respect for cyclists.

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #95 of 95
Today's cars are vastly more complex than they need to be. If we used modern materials and machining tolerances to build model Ts, they would be affordable to everyone and would run without maintanence for decades!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back