Old Stax Grey Colored Cable- confusion-
Jul 27, 2013 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
One end of it is six pin and the other end is five pin?  How should I use them or should I use them at all?  Any Advice Welcome.

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 5
I think I've got one of these lying around about 2.5meters in length, came with my old SR-34 electret package (SR-30 earspeaker + SRD-4 adaptor). Think these were originally for low-bias, but I haven't used mine so unsure.

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your efforts.  You are correct about the length.  I have two or three of them.  I need some definitive information about these so that I can use them confidently.  I will wait for more responders to chime in on this thread.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 5
These are quite usable with either normal or pro bias Stax BUT (and it's a big but) you must be careful NOT to plug a normal bias phone into the female 6 pin end and the male 5 pin end of the cable into a pro bias output. Damage may result to your precious normal bias headphone.
There were 2 versions of this - the grey cable and the higher quality brown cable. The latter sounds fine. Haven't heard the grey cable, but it should sound very close to indistinguishable from the brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back