Old School
Aug 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gidion27

100+ Head-Fier
Wanted to contribute to the forum by giving a a review between the old and new.

MD-RH1 VS Ipod Touch 8G

Will start with the obvious, can a dinosaur still compete with a more recent offering by Apple. The answer is yes on SQ but it obviously does not have video play back nor can you play games on the RH1.

Sound Quality

The RH1 is surprisingly easy to listen to and my PX200. They sound very natural. I truly enjoyed listening to the RH1. The RH1 also sounds very clear and you can hear a lot of detail. The Ipod was not bad either in terms of SQ but when I compared Metallica's Black album on both players I most definitely would give the edge to the RH1.(I used the some mp3 files on both players.)

Ease of use

SQ is not everything, the ease of use is important as well. Bottom line the RH1 is terrible in use. Buttons are useless the only saving grace is the remote:) The Touch has a big advantage with better storage and the ability to play video and games + apps.

Build

The touch is also better in this department. The casing for the Rh1 is all metal or metal like material but is very thin and light. I am not confidant if it will survive rough handling furthermore the buttons are fiddly and prone to breakage.

Final 2 cents

Although the RH1 and the MD format are as dead as a dodo it is still a great sounding machine that will produce great sound and looks great too. But if you want an easy to use mp3 player which can handle everyday use the ipod is the better option.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back