Old School Grindcore
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Faust2D

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody on this board listen to Old School grind like Napalm Death, Sore Throat, Carcass , Heresy and etc. If you do what headphone set up do you have for grind
blink.gif
icon10.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 33
I've been known to listen to some Napalm Death and some Nailbomb (grindcore?) from time to time... I've moved onto more Technical Death Metal (really digging "Beneath the Massacre" right now) and I don't really feel the need to go balls to the wall with my phones, it's so fast and brutal - I just want a decent amount of clarity and tight bass.

very_evil_smiley.gif
Recabled KSC75s!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 33
My 6,400+ songs (mostly metal) that I listen to with my iPod and Future Sonics Atrio M5's do have some grindcore that I like and listen to:

Napalm Death
Discharge
Carcass
Pig Destroyer
Dying Fetus
Nasum

Other than Carcass's Heart Work album, I don't have an expansive list of grindcore songs. All I know is other than some weak MP3's (not great recordings, low volume), they still sound OK.

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 33
****** the Facts is an awesome band! I'll definitely have to check out Discordance Axis. I've checked out other bands that you have posted on throughout the years and you have recommended me (indirectly) some really cool stuff.

Jun 23, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #9 of 33
Wow, I forgot about Pig Destroyer. Good suggestion.
I haven't been heavily into death metal or the 20,000 sub genres for some time, but one band I recommend (probably not grindcore though, i don't know) is Frightmare. They have the usual cookie monster vocals, but some solid musicianship. Their CDs have much more replay value for me than most any other death metal i've ever come across.
You can probably still find a full song sample through their site, or through Razorback Records. BTW go to Razorback to browse: they have an ungodly supply of this type of music.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #10 of 33
I forgot to mention the following:
The Day Everything Became Nothing La Mort (FANTASTIC ALBUM)
and
F*uck, Im Dead, Bring On the Dead

I must note, that FID is barley tolerable from an audiophile standpoint, but interesting nonetheless.

Jun 23, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsolman6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to be in Godflesh.

Wait, what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back