Old Pa, May I respectfully ask if I can have a 50th Anniversary Bicycle Thread?
Jan 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ricksome

500+ Head-Fier
Old Pa has a Bicycle thread that just won't quit. I've posted there many times. The pictures that you see are actually in his thread somewhere. Since 2010 marks the 50th year that I have been riding a bicycle, I thought that I would put these pictures in their own thread. I certainly do not expect this thread to last years and years like Old Pa's. 99.9% of the time, I do not draw attention to myself. I thought 50 years deserved some attention.

Old Pa, I hope this is alright as I do not intend to step on your toes.

Thank You / Rick

100_1219.jpg

SchwinnCutter.jpg

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 6
That's impressive and by the way it's a really nice bike.

But, what about those license plates? Do you have to put them in your bike to ride it? Here in Brazil we don't and perhaps that might be the reason why so many people ride their bikes in the sidewalk.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 6
COOL......RICKSOME....."RIDER", great collection of plates and super clean "BLACK-OUT" Bike........Question, I'm 57+, and a rider(midnight) what surface do you perfer to ride on?? keep pedalin'

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 6
9pintube: I like riding on and in the streets. I like to mix with the traffic. You keep pedalin' also!!!
luiztfc: Back in the 1960's in Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A., you were suppose to have a license on your bicycle. 50 cents every two years for the tags. That ended after the 1968 tags were issued.

Jan 10, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Is that a fixie ricksome? Looks very nice.

I have a Breezer Uptown 8 that I use for commuting (at least, when it's not snowy). I admit the geek in me had to have the internal hub gear, and I've really been enjoying it. The dynamo hub that powers the lights is pretty cool too; I like the idea that I don't need anything else but my own power to run it, lights and all. It'll be handy when the zombie apocalypse comes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back