Old-fi
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 4
I’ve moved on to speakers. What I hate about headphones is that after 2 hours, it gets annoying. I still listen to headphones though. Headphones are still an amazing thing.

With speakers, I can literally listen all day and it’s no big deal. I still get plenty of detail since my both of my listening rooms are room treated. You can still use tubes with speakers too and it’s actually wonderful.

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Also I bring ear plugs everywhere I go. I use them in movie theaters, rock concerts and mowing the lawn.

Depending on the city I’m in I use them on subways too because some subways are way too loud and those ear plugs come in handy

I also wear ear plugs on airplane flights too. Maybe I’m wrong but that constant jet engine noise for hours is not healthy so I try to block it out.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 4
I got my high end hearing in one ear at age 16 damaged at a Weather Report concert supporting "Mysterious Traveler" at the Orpheum. We got 'lucky' to sit about 25 feet from the left bank of speakers - stack 35' x 25'. Felt like my right ear was bleeding for a week after and everything sounded like it was under water. Protected ears pretty well since but that ear is gone over 10.5k other holds until 14k.

Protect them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back