Old, but new to here.
Nov 28, 2020 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rbspop

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
As the title says I am old but new to here. I have tried many headphones from Sony's to Audeze and have settled on the Sennheiser HD 660s as working best for me.
My hearing is good at 20hz and ends at 12,500khz. I have tried both new and vintage SS integrated amps, receivers, dacs, and tube amps (Woo WA 2, Woo WA 22, Schitt, etc). And while the Woo WA 2 and 22 sounded really nice I didn't feel they justified the prices. No comment about any of the Schitt gear except: Not a Fan! I am currently running Flac rips from a Custom Win 10 machine thru a restored Harman/Kardon HK680 with a S.M.S.L SU-8 DAC and find the sound to be quite good (with a little equalization). Not quite as good as the Woo WA22 but really close. So! As with all 'junkies' I am wondering if I can do better (for less than 1500.00). Consequently, I am curious as to whether perhaps either the Questyle CMA600i or the Burson Audio Conductor 3x Performance might be worth a try. So! Has anyone had any experience with either of those? Any comments will be appreciated....

BTW: This rig is used in my office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back