Okay...so who's made the GS-1000's an impulse buy?
May 5, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #196 of 205
Well, the balanced output of the Lavry is high voltage, low current... so it might not be the best match for Grado's.

May 5, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #197 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSport911
If you want balanced GS-1000's with some great cable, just send an e-mail or PM to Drew at Moon Audio. Moon Audio is also offering RS-1, RS-2, SR325i re-cables direct from Grado.
This way Grado's warranty is 100% and there is no chance of damaging the mahogany enclosures.

In addition this is probably the only opportunity to re-cable any of the woodies from Grado since no one really wants to mess around with them outside of the factory due to the risk of damage to the wood. So think about it before you order a stock GS-1000.

Take a look at this thread for more info: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177667

Enjoy,
MSport911
rs1smile.gif

Does anyone know how Todd's balanced cable option works? Is it the same as Moon Audio's? What cable do they use?

May 5, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #198 of 205
i think it is just a standard cable with xlr connectors, could be wrong

May 5, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #199 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Does anyone know how Todd's balanced cable option works? Is it the same as Moon Audio's? What cable do they use?

Based on their past wiring of the balanced RS-1's and PS-1's, I would guess that they will use the Grado ultra high bandwidth reference cable. Both my RS-1's and PS-1's were wired at Grado and came with that cord.

May 5, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #200 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Based on their past wiring of the balanced RS-1's and PS-1's, I would guess that they will use the Grado ultra high bandwidth reference cable. Both my RS-1's and PS-1's were wired at Grado and came with that cord.

Don't you find two runs of that cable rather heavy?

May 5, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #201 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
Don't you find two runs of that cable rather heavy?

Heh, that has been commented on by others but the weight never really bothered me. The stiffness on the other hand CAN be painful especially with the lightweight cans like the RS-1's. They tend to stay in the position they start in when you turn your head. OTOH, I usually listen while working so I'm not moving my head a lot and it really doesn't matter to me...

May 6, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #202 of 205
Finally,I couldn't resist and pull the trigger today,after I find out Drew of moon audio offer 10% discount on black dragon'ed gs1000.Damn!I have tried my best not to order since the very first moment I hear about gs1000,since i am very happy with my nude/equinoxed k1000 and want to use the money to get either apogee minidac or wavelength brick usb dac.but now....sigh...

May 6, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #204 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
Yeah Impulse buys are A.O.K. with me. I bought, let's see:
HE90, HEV90, HE60, & K1000 without Nary a listen.

Neil

Don;t forget the R-10's and L3k's as I know they are your faves
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back