Ok you guys convinced me of cables...
Jul 24, 2007 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

NoPants

1000+ Head-Fier
As the title says...

I just received a pair of magwires terminated in eichmann bullets today, and after plugging them into my system, I immediately noticed that the highs had lost their harsh edges and I think I even caught some bloom in the mids and lower end

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this lol...

Now I'm thinking about getting recables for AD2000s again

I really hope this initial placebo so I don't blow more money on this stuff haha

damn you guys

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 14
*Also I noticed I can listen louder and I don't get fatigued

UGH CABLES

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 14
As most of us say, "Cables sure make a difference"!
lambda.gif

You know you want more of these...

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 14
Had cheap ICs before this

yea I was considering getting a pair of silver ones just to try...but I don't want to break my wallet haha

any suggestions?

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #6 of 14
I like a modified Valkyrja speaker cable, I use as short as possible hardwired on both ends...No problem with low-level detail. It seems like it's even better than Valhalla ($3300). Valhalla adds too much coloration to the sound and sacrifices low-level detail. Valkyrja is flat like Magix levitation feet. Nothing stands out, it's kind of boring but very smooth and relaxing. It's only less than a hundred bucks, it can be bent 90 degrees, it's great! When I try to hardwire the stiffer Valhalla it keeps coming loose and eventually it broke my system. With Valkyrja I don't have a problem. I wish everyone was using this modified Valkyrja in their system! I don't have enough for a giveaway.
frown.gif

Valkyrja.interconnect.mod.holding.JPG

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Also I noticed I can listen louder and I don't get fatigued

I experienced the same thing.

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shunyata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have enough for a sell-away?

Maybe I have a little...I was using my Valkyrja as power cord wiring for my P300 Power Plant, but I'm not using the P300 anymore. I have my system plugged into the wall now, it's very smooth without power conditioning! When I used the P300 I needed edginess from Valhalla to compensate for the extra warmth. I have used Valhalla interconnect in my system for almost 3 years, and I needed power conditioning and all kinds of tweaks to compensate for it.

It seems that just a clean and short path is the best. When adding bandaids it becomes messed up. The system I'm using now is very cheap and there is no fatigue, I can listen for hours.

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 14
Patrick. You are more hardcore with cables than most (all?) of us!
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 14
02.JPG

Valkyrja speaker wiring (22awg) is on the right on picture. Vishnu power cord (16awg) on the left.
I tried Vishnu as interconnects but everything sounded too heavy with low-level details gone. I also tried Valhalla power cord (16awg) as interconnects and low-level details were gone as well, it sounded similar as the original Valhalla interconnect (4x22awg) with the multiple conductors.

I have found that a single 22awg conductor sounds the best, I don't hear any problems. It's the tweak that made the biggest improvement in my system, when I first tried it with the Valhalla interconnect all the smoothness turned into tiny transients, but it was edgy and fatiguing like something was broken. That's how big the difference was. The deep silver plating signature (cold and edgy) became more apparent, it sounded messed up and I needed to compensate for the Valhalla by adding power conditioners.

I'm not sure when I will try my Valhalla interconnect again, the Valkyrja has more low-level detail and smoothness. Probably because it is shorter and doesn't have connectors.

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 14
why do you use molex connectors? and what are you trying to power again lol

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do you use molex connectors? and what are you trying to power again lol

I was powering P300 Power Plant. I have found that AC connectors don't matter much. They just give different flavor to the sound. I'm too cheap to buy Molex connectors, I want the best sound for as cheap as possible. That's why I use the materials I already have, it doesn't cost a thing.

04.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back