Ok, when did the Red Hot Chili Peppers go mainstream?
Sep 10, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 21
Blood Sugar Sex Magic was their first really commercial album. That was also the last RHCP album I purchaced. Their stuff since then has been very uninspired and "fluffy."

[edit] Maybe "really commercial" is the wrong choice of words. BSSM was the first 'studio sounding' album and by the time we get to their new "Zepher" song... Gah! It's horrible.

Sep 10, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #20 of 21
Yes, that's true. All of you people that like By the Way will probably like Californication.

To clarify my 'mainstream' reply, the Peppers' last two albums lack the originality and intensity of all their previous works. They also sound much more like the other bands of today. Hell, they sound like the new Tommy Lee stuff.

kerleybonto

Sep 10, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
Yes, that's true. All of you people that like By the Way will probably like Californication.

To clarify my 'mainstream' reply, the Peppers' last two albums lack the originality and intensity of all their previous works. They also sound much more like the other bands of today. Hell, they sound like the new Tommy Lee stuff.

kerleybonto

Californication sounds like Tommy Lee rap/rock stuff?
confused.gif

I think Californication has elements of the style the band has followed from the beginning (some funk, some rap, etc), sure it may not sound familiar to many, but the formula is still there. I still think Californication sounds great, its one of their best albums, imho.

Maybe its Tommy Lee who sounds like the peppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back