Ok V-Moda it is over.
Aug 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Shaan

New Head-Fier
I am over V-Moda and their horrible build quality. My brother went through the same issue with the Bass Freqs twice, the right channel went out. He now has his 3rd pair still in the box afraid to open them. I purchased the Vibe Duos for my iPhone and now 3 weeks later the right channel has gone out. How can the quality of these be so totally lacking? I am sending mine back hoping to get a refund but this is utterly unbelieveable. Oh well, what should I get next? :vent:
mad.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 27
Glad you know when to cut the line. I tried that company once and regretted recommending them to my friend. Actually, his V-Moda product shorted out on one side, and he is happily listening with a pair of Koss KSC75.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #6 of 27
I've had my Vibes for about 8 months now, with no problem, I guess your personal mileage may vary. I've always been pretty careful, but I haven't babied them though.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, what should I get next? :vent:
mad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my biggest issue is i am limited by the stupid iphone headphone jack GAH

Don't have iPhone in my country yet..... how different is the headphone jack from the 1/8" or 1/4" headphone jack?

BTW, what will be your budget for the next headphone/earphone?

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't have iPhone in my country yet..... how different is the headphone jack from the 1/8" or 1/4" headphone jack?

BTW, what will be your budget for the next headphone/earphone?

the iphones jack is quite recessed so it makes it difficult for some headphones to fit in the jack.

Oct 7, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 27
Well its Part 2 of this saga. I had my original pair replaced and now after a bit more than a month of use i have gotten the same issue. I babied these more than any other pair of headphones I have owned and still they crap out on me. Guess I'll continue with the hacked Shures until I get another replacement.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 27
sorry to semi-thread resurrect, but my second pair of vibes have just crapped out on me
frown.gif
I also recommended them to a friend, and he had to RMA as well. So yes, I too, am unfortunately saying goodbye to V-Moda. Goodbye, Val! It was fun while it lasted. These were some great headphone (when they worked) but they just seem to die after a while. Oh well, onto bigger and better things!

ps. also using an iphone, what a coinkadink!

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #12 of 27
what happened is that the Vibes were made by OVC originaly, but OVC started selling a OEM version called the T25, V-moda gut pissed and left OVC, and every since, the vibes have been worst sounding and worst built, anyways, in the same price range you have the ER6 and the Super.fi 3, which are both great headphones,

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happened is that the Vibes were made by OVC originaly, but OVC started selling a OEM version called the T25, V-moda gut pissed and left OVC, and every since, the vibes have been worst sounding and worst built, ...

Interesting I didn't know that.
That would explain all the look-alike clones that are all over ebay.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happened is that the Vibes were made by OVC originaly, but OVC started selling a OEM version called the T25, V-moda gut pissed and left OVC, and every since, the vibes have been worst sounding and worst built, anyways, in the same price range you have the ER6 and the Super.fi 3, which are both great headphones,

I know OVC made the clones, but do you have any proof that V-Moda actually dropped OVC as their manufacturer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back