Ok, upgrade time
Apr 29, 2002 at 12:09 PM Post #31 of 39
hey whateveryournameis, ive got the exact same system as you do!(except the amp) The Denon you have is a great player, dont sell it, and get a good headphone amp like a Creek or something.

Apr 29, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #33 of 39
HD-5000: actually, the cardas does sound quite a bit different from the stock. I was also a skeptic as you are, but you going to have to try it to hear the difference.

Apr 29, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #34 of 39
HD-5000
I agree thats why I ordered the EQUINOX cables but I think that the cardas cables are great cables from what I have read by JUDE who knows way more than I do. But I can understant your reaction to these cables for they are expensive and are not really nessary for the stock cables are just fine. Its only if you are crazy and want to better the sound from your already great cans.

Apr 29, 2002 at 3:54 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
also, screw the cardas cables, i dont believe they would make a big difference.

How can you say that, never having heard them? Every person who has heard them agrees that they make a difference. Whether or not a person likes that difference is personal preference, but there is definitely a difference in sound with the Cardas cables.

Apr 29, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #37 of 39
Hmm, ok, so the consensus is, get the MG head. That's what I wanted to hear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Hmm, ok, so the consensus is, get the MG head. That's what I wanted to hear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, you've been wanting one for a while, so I say go for it. As an added bonus, tube rolling allows for fairly cheap upgrades in the future. So go get one and enjoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back