OK to connect Portable Headphone DAC/AMP [Fiio e18] to home stereo amp?
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bloode

New Head-Fier
Hi. Noob here. Just received my Fiio e18 Kundun and love it (though my JVC HA-S400's don't make the most of it. New Headphones to be purchased soon!)

I plugged it into my computer then fed the line out into my 30 year-old NAD 3130 integrated amp [10ohm load into 15ohm line in] and the results were astounding through my old Phase Tech speakers. My few HD tracks sounded like they were coming from everywhere and my CD audio flacs came across with terrific presence. "What an upgrade!" was my first thought. 

Now I can't find anyone discussing the use of a portable headphone DAC/amp like this for home stereo. I figured that was what the line out was for. Assurances? Dissuasions? Anybody?

[Thanks in advance for breaking me in. Love these forums!]

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hi. Noob here. Just received my Fiio e18 Kundun and love it (though my JVC HA-S400's don't make the most of it. New Headphones to be purchased soon!)

I plugged it into my computer then fed the line out into my 30 year-old NAD 3130 integrated amp [10ohm load into 15ohm line in] and the results were astounding through my old Phase Tech speakers. My few HD tracks sounded like they were coming from everywhere and my CD audio flacs came across with terrific presence. "What an upgrade!" was my first thought. 

Now I can't find anyone discussing the use of a portable headphone DAC/amp like this for home stereo. I figured that was what the line out was for. Assurances? Dissuasions? Anybody?

[Thanks in advance for breaking me in. Love these forums!]

No problems. Enjoy!!! Someday you might want to purchase a dedicated headphone amp. Until that time, enjoy what you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back