OK, this is not cool...
Jun 2, 2004 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

reeseboisse

100+ Head-Fier
Just today, as I was putting in my E2s, I heard a small, faint cracking noise in the left earphone. When I got home and looked at it under a light, I noticed a little tiny bit of whitened plastic at the very top, where the cable exits the earphone. Then though, I notice that the left rear section of plastic (if looking at it from the top; E2 users will know what I'm talking about) moves a little bit. So I look a little closer, and all of a sudden, it comes off in my hand. It's nothing that can't be fixed with a little CA glue, but still; I don't like to see this happen. I haven't had them for long, and I haven't treated them poorly, so I don't see why this has to happen. Also, some persistant fit problems with my left ear has made me lust for some custom molded canalphones. Someday, I suppose.

Jun 2, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 4
sorry 2 hear that. my e2c's seem well-built. i smashed them in a car door, and all i have is a little split of plastic where the cable is and some whiter plastic near the nozzle. boy was i glad nothing fell apart.

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 4
[edit: nothing to see here... why are you looking?]

sorry about your headphones man, do you still have the grado's to fall back on?

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 4
I believe it comes with a 2 year warranty, why dont you call shure and have them replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back