OK, So who else on here is a Radio HAM?
Jan 18, 2005 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MrJoshua

500+ Head-Fier
It struck me tonight as I was driving to my Radio Club, that there might be some HAMs on here, what with all the DIYing and Electronics going on...

So, if you're a HAM, let me know!

I'm 2E0JMO by the way!

biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 15
I've been known to partake of a Ham and pickle Sandwich whilst listening to the radio yes....... hands up........ I am a Ham radio lover.

Cheesepickle.

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 15
Kilo Charlie 8 Papa Romeo Zulu. Cincinnati, Ohio
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #9 of 15
HAM = amateur radioperator.

Jan 19, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #13 of 15
KG6ENI, but I never use it (there's a story there, but it's a dull one...).

gsferrari, I recommend visiting a ham radio store...should be easy to strike up a conversation there as an interested newbie, and you can usually pick up some product literature and/or back issues of magazines to get a feel for the lay of the land. They will also have info on local clubs and meets and things like that. Ham Radio Outlet has stores dotted here and there about the country, and there are others as well. To get an idea of what you need to know to pass the license exam, pick up a copy of "Ride the Airwaves with Alfa and Zulu," which is written in baby-talk but IMO is pretty good if you can get past that.

Jan 19, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 15
Cool!

I "knew" I wasn't alone!

I echo what Episiarch said, go to a HAM Radio store and find out where your local club is... Go to a club meeting and see if you fancy it...

I enjoy the hobby, it can be pretty exciting, but I don't use the radio all the time, it's just another one of my hobbies!

Jan 19, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #15 of 15
KD6OIX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back