OK, so I've been downloading 24/96 flac files and.....
Nov 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
....how do I embed the artwork?
I plan to play these from my Mac to a Logitech Transporter.

I don't have the fancy remote with the display in it yet, but plan on buying one which is why the album art is going to be important.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 24
With iTunes+ALAC you can just drop the artwork in the Info field. There must be some similar way to do it for FLAC in Foobar/Winamp etc.

or look for a program like mp3tag

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be able to add artwork using 'metaflac', which is part of FLAC itself (although separate binary).
FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec

Thanks but which one of the 5 files is the one to use? I don't see metaflac anywhere on the downloads page. (I already have a copy of MacFlac)

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 24
Nov 27, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 24
Nov 27, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 24
A word of caution about Itunes... I don't know about MAC but on PC, itunes does not actually embed the artwork into the file, rather indexes it for the itunes library, meaning if you tag with itunes and then use the same file elsewhere, the artwork will not be there. At least if you want to use itUnes you can use fluke because you have a MAC.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks but which one of the 5 files is the one to use? I don't see metaflac anywhere on the downloads page. (I already have a copy of MacFlac)

This one: Download FLAC-Free Lossless Audio Codec from SourceForge.net
As written, metaflac is part of FLAC and comes bundles with the encoder/decoder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwkid178 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A word of caution about Itunes... I don't know about MAC but on PC, itunes does not actually embed the artwork into the file, rather indexes it for the itunes library, meaning if you tag with itunes and then use the same file elsewhere, the artwork will not be there. At least if you want to use itUnes you can use fluke because you have a MAC.

Then iTunes on Mac OS X is different, cause when tagging it certainly embed artwork into the files.

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 24
Depends, the automatic artwork option stores the actual album art somewhere else, but if you open the info and add it yourself it is stored in the file. That's the OSX way, have not tested the Windows version.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This one: Download FLAC-Free Lossless Audio Codec from SourceForge.net
As written, metaflac is part of FLAC and comes bundles with the encoder/decoder.

OK thanks.
I got that one & installed it.
Now what?
confused_face(1).gif

MacFlac looks no different, iTunes is no different, and I can't even find the file I installed?
Sorry to sound so stupid but I don't get what I'm supposed to do now. What am I missing?

BTW, looks like I need to tag some of these with track names, artists, etc.. too.

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't you just convert the files to ALAC using Max, and then import and tag them in iTunes?
Or will this degrade quality?

I'm trying to keep these files intact as 24/96 flac. This is the reason I bought the transporter over the Duet is because the transporter will play the higher resolution files.

FYI, on my computer I can play these files with Toast or VLC. I tried to add data to these track through VLC but it does not seem to work.

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 24
I think ALAC is also 24/96 compatible? You could try to convert FLAC to ALAC using XLD and see if it comes out as 24/96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back