OK, so I just ripped a Rammstien CD I had for yrs
Mar 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ickyman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the other album cover (if it had the one with the flower it'd probably still be sitting on the shelf).

So the music changed because of the intrinsic "gay" of the cover? (Herzeleid does mean something along the lines of songs of the heart, forgive my Deutsch, German Head-fiers!) I have that album and that's always been the artwork displayed for me. Never thought twice about it. IMO the album art has no bearing on the sound or quality of the music. It may behoove you to grow up a little.

That being said, I do enjoy Mutter and maybe even Rosenrot more than Herzeleid.

Cheers,
Zach

Also: In before the lock!

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP is obviously gay.

No questions asked!

Mar 6, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #18 of 31
I will admit it, I am a bit homophobic.

Yeah, If I saw the album on the shelf with the whole flower and stuff, like I said, I would probably never pick it up.

Fact is, it is a great album and I didn't see the "uhhh homophobic?" cover before buying it, it had the US version with just the faces and white background.

I don't care how old I get, mentally or physically, this album cover will always have it's "cringe" value to me. It not a matter of "maturity", it's more a question of "what if I was to keel over dead and one of the members of my family saw this".

Simply, this wasn't something I expected and caught me with my jaw dropped thinking, "ok, now what".

With me being how I am, I found it funny, so I thought I should share.

Forgive me, I felt there might be others who felt the same, but I realize I didn't give background as I am givin here.

Either way, it still cracks me up, yet makes me cringe.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ickyman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will admit it, I am a bit homophobic.

(American) Social intolerance has programed you this way, when you grow up maybe you will think for yourself and think differently.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(American) Social intolerance has programed you this way, when you grow up maybe you will think for yourself and think differently.

I disagree, I am an American, and do not have these same prejudices, this sounds more like a religious thing than an American thing.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark50521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree, I am an American, and do not have these same prejudices, this sounds more like a religious thing than an American thing.

I also do not believe it to be an american thing, though im not so sure its a religious one either.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark50521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are in the minority (and logical) side of the issue. How can you not think it's an American thing? Is there another country that is forcing you into not recognizing homosexuals as having equal rights in all aspects of life? Because if they did they could get married just like any hetero couple.

If it isn't an American thing why does your government merge god and country in nearly every aspect of life? The government is elected by the people thus what they do is essentially the will of the people.

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #23 of 31
It's 6 dudes with a spray on tan shirtless in front of a big orange flower.

Like one other poster mentioned... it was likely meant to be humorous.

You can analyze it all ya want and do a debate on god and country, but that isn't in the spirit of the observation nor (what i feel) the intent of the artist.

My thought is it's meant to be laughed at, as well as make you feel a bit uneasy.

I wouldn't of made up the thread if I didn't find it a bit funny.

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's screwin hilarious...

What's hilarious is listening to Rammstein without knowing the words or the meaning behind the songs. That's dangerous. There's some naughty stuff in there.

(and yes, I have a Rammstein album. No, I haven't read all of the translated lyrics. There's something naughty on it though because it has a parental advisory sticker. yes, I am the butt of my own joke.)

It is interesting music with a driving energy, and the way the German is spoken and sung just adds to that.

NTTIAWWT

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #28 of 31
I saw Rammstein's album "Sehnsucht" at my local library today. That's the album that has "Bück Dich" on it. You know that feeling when you find dirty words in the school's dictionary? Yeah, I got that feeling again today.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are in the minority (and logical) side of the issue. How can you not think it's an American thing? Is there another country that is forcing you into not recognizing homosexuals as having equal rights in all aspects of life? Because if they did they could get married just like any hetero couple.

If it isn't an American thing why does your government merge god and country in nearly every aspect of life? The government is elected by the people thus what they do is essentially the will of the people.

Ok, I'm not gonna argue with you cause this discussion boarders on topics that are not allowed in this forum. That being said, yeah, there are other countries that don't allow gay rights. BBC World Service - News - Uganda considers new anti-gay law just to name one. It's not just an "American" thing.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gay as in happy? What's wrong with happy artwork?

AlbumArtExchange has the US release version of the cover available. The shirtless cover got used for the European releases.

Gay or not is for someone else to debate, but point blank, the shirtless cover is just plain ugly. Why is that plant or whatever in the background? Aesthetically, it nearly obscures the band name and album title. Kinda makes you wonder what the band's trying to say to folks in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back