Ok, so how bad is the M-Audio Audiophile, in all honesty?
Nov 27, 2004 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

null

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's the story. Dad bought me a new PC for work (and games lol) a few months ago. We had also planned to record music with CuBase etc. and I knew, obviously, an Audigy 2 wasnt going to cut it.

Since the site we were ordering the computer from (NCIX.COM) didn't have any other decent soundcards except the M-Audio, I decided to include it. I thought that to find an E-MU where we live (Burlington) would be impossible, and there would be too much hassle ordering online.

A few months later, while at my local music store, I saw that they had (doh!!) EMU 0404s and 1212s!!

My dad was thinking later down the road we can try to sell the M-Audio and get an E-MU, but I want to know how "bad" the Audiophile is, because many members say that the E-MU cards are much better for the money. Is it worth it to try to sell it somehow and buy a 0404?

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 3
waiting for Aman to shine up and bashing on the e-mus:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman / other thread
The 24/96 will be the most neutral source you can get.This is a good choice if you want a really accurate SOURCE and then some fun amps/headphones. If you want unnatural, colored sound, then go with the E-MUs. I don't recommend it though.

When I did an A/B of these two products the differences were obvious.

Nov 27, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 3
The M-Audio is not a bad card, but its just that the EMU cards surpass the performance of them. The Audiophile was very similar to my old Terratec EWX and whilst I still think that was a nice sounding card, the EMU (0404) is a considerably better, more dynamic performer, with more detail and a more natural tone to the sound, powerful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back