Ok my final purchase ended up being a Logitech Z5500 and not ultrasone or Denon
Dec 23, 2008 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

effectic

Banned
Ok folks I bought the Logitech Z5500 today and I will probably use a cheap senn HD201 headphone for $20. heck I might even buy a cheap $15 sony. lol

To be honest I was going a bit mad and becoming to obsessed with this hobby.

I am not sure about you guys but Iam enjoying my Z5500 more than anything on earth. Yeah the M50 was nice and so was the HD555 and HD280 PRO And soon would have been the D2000 or the Ultrasone HFI 780. And yes the Bass on the headphones totally blow away the bass on these Z5500.

I know now what real bass is supposed to sound like and while the Z5500 cannot compare to those high end headphones, I actually enjoy my speakers more infact I have never felt so happy about a purchase in my life. No more sweaty ears I can play my music and be downstairs hearing it.
I can feel my heart thumping with this sub. The soundstage is beautiful there are just somethings that a loud speaker will have that a headphone will never have.

I feel as though I am free now from this hobby and I can get back to my normal life by focusing on securing my future. This addiction was hard to break but I did it and I do not regret it cause I love my speakers. The subwoofer in this is a monster and the surround sound is magic in 5.1 but better if you select 2.1 mode and then select Matrix mode AKA Stereo X2 in the controller pod it then brings life into the room. The speakers are beautiful with the grill removed and I have also removed the grill from the sub woofer aswell. I love to see it when its doing Excursion.

There isn't much to say apart from the mids and highs are nice I would call it close to audiophile grade. Only the subwoofer lacks plenty but for the price you cannot really complain. Cause it does have a serious kick in it can make the hair on your hand stand up.

Anyways I shall not be pursuing anymore headphone hobby as I have officially retired from it. I will settle for something small like a $20 headphone and call that george.

Happy holidays folks.

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 10
Happy holidays to you too, and all of y'all!

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 10
Ok.

(What?
tongue.gif
)

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 10
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 10
Glad you finished your journey. Always remember, sound or the interpetation of it, is as numerous as the ears that hear it!

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #9 of 10
If that's what rocks your boat I guess - a suggestion....upgrade the speaker cable up to some quality 12-guage twisted copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back