Ok I want to Put My CDs Into MP3s...Looking for advice
Dec 4, 2002 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lampshade

New Head-Fier
Well I will proably be using EAC with LAME for Encoding.

Now for my question. In terms of Quality. Should I set it for a same rate encode at 320 or use a VBR? Space is not that big a concern.

Then My second Question, Encode it in Joint Stero or Just Stereo?

What will provide the best quality?

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 9
Justa thought: if size isn't a concern, why not just rip them to .ape?

BTW, i belive 320 is better, but i wouldn't feel comfortable answering it "for sure" until i A/B'd them

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Well, I proably answered my own question. As I understand VBRs are mainly used to save space, but preserve quality. So if space is not that big an issue I should just use 320. Defalt for Lame at 320 is Stereo (lesser bitrates use joint) Maybe I should just trust em. Opinons?

I kinda want to stick to MP3 format simply cuz its what I know.

Dec 5, 2002 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 9
i find that standard is good for most albums. recently i encoded nine inch nail's "the fragile" because standard didn't seem like it'd be enough. i guess it depends on how deeply you listen to your music while sitting at your computer.

i don't really. i usually just listen at work while i'm doing stuff. good headphones can bring out the lesser points in lossy compressions, but usually i find them to be okay. i guess it depends on just how much space you want to take up.

Dec 5, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 9
Don't mean to be rude, Lampshade, but there have been a lot of threads on this topic including a couple as recently as last week. If you searched (search button, near the top of the window) you might find all the information you want right away.

Dec 5, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 9
I did a serch to find out wich shoudl I use in Stero Vs Joint Stereo. Dint find an answer ( only 1 post mentioned it). Heheh Im just gonna use default.

Heheh already knew what encoder/ripper i should use from serching
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT:
I spent about an hour today browsing around sites and found this little page. Nice comparison for Strero vs Joint Stereo. So hopfulyl people in the future can serch for the info and find insted of asking.

http://www.modatic.net/audio/stereo_vs_jointstereo.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back