Ok I think I'm done for now
Mar 18, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #91 of 99
AT is a different beast than AKG though. They have a lot more low-end cans.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #92 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I collect Firefly/Serenity merchandise. I have a lot of it, and a couple hundred dollars worth of it on the way. Sure, I use most of it, in any way it may be used. I read the books/comics, listen to the soundtracks, watch the DVDs, look at the pretty statues and pictures, but mostly it just sits around and looks pretty.

Good on you! Firefly is perhaps the best sci-fi TV series of all time... Now if only Fox hadn't been the network responsible for it.

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #94 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Fitz. It's AKG. It's pretty clear to me.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Don't ****** with AKG, cause they willl kill you.

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #95 of 99
Seriously though, I don't understand all the hostility directed toward vintage AKG's Does it bother you that they sound better than anything Sennheiser and Grado can muster?

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #96 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously though, I don't understand all the hostility directed toward vintage AKG's Does it bother you that they sound better than anything Sennheiser and Grado can muster?

Some people are afraid of them because the extreme level of music quality is new and unfamiliar to them. They are not angry, just afraid. It is ok though, it will be very good after you get past the first hurdle. Think about your first time with a woman. It is similar, but very different at the same time (more clothing, usually). I leave you with this.
blink.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #98 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rfitz@zeus# headphone-quest

The Great Headphone Quest v0.5

Fitz's Lair
You are at home. There are headphones everywhere.

> i

You are carrying:
Orange USPS Postcard
Pants

> w

Highway 140
You are travelling west on Jimmy Carter Blvd. People drive slow.

> w

USPS
You are at the gates to the USPS where they hold packages hostage. You feel a chill run down your spine.

> enter

USPS - Inside (Dark)
It is very dark, you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

> turn on lights

You turn on the lights. There is a line longer than at the American Idol auditions. You have no chance to make it before the post office closes.

> l

USPS - Inside
You look around and find a small stone stairway leading down. It looks more promising than the line.

> d

USPS - Catacombs
You are wandering aimlessly through the catacombs beneath the USPS. You are beginning to get thirsty.

> l

USPS - Catacombs
You catch a glimmer of light to the east.

> e

USPS - Catacombs
You meet up with Beowulf, who gives you a torch.

> go

USPS - Cave
You find your way out of the catacombs and into a large, subterranian cave. There are lost and abandonded packages stacked as high as you can see.

> find headphones

You begin searching through the packages for the legendary headphones. You feel a strange warmth in your chest as you near a package sitting by itself.

> get package

You cannot pick it up while you are carrying Orange USPS Postcard.

> drop postcard

You drop the Orange USPS Postcard, you feel a cold draft.

> get package

As you pick up the package, a slow rumble begins to eminate from the ground beneath your feet.

> l

What are you looking around for? The ground is shaking!

> run

You run straight into a wall. Specify a direction

> run back

You begin running through the catacombs, pieces of stone are falling all around you.

> run faster

You're already running as fast as you can! You are getting close to the exit.

> movie dive

As soon as you are within a few feet of the exit, you lunge forward in slow motion. The falling debris is nipping at your feet, but you manage to just barely make it out before the catacombs collapse completely. You have won!

running headphone-quest as root?

You're p\/\/n3d! 101 101 101 !

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #99 of 99
Anyway, what are the AKG K300 like soundwise?
Maybe I'd get a pair as a gift for my comrade-in-musicianship.
He's monitoring on HD201's now. L0L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back