OK I switched foobar
Feb 9, 2007 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Suzuka

100+ Head-Fier
Might not be for long since, whenever I try to play a file from outside. By simply double clicking it. Foobar stats playing it, BUT it deletes all the contents of a playlist that has been already selected. This seems very stupid. In winamp there was no such thing.

double clicking on playlist tries to rename it instead of playing it.. o.O? why

Feb 9, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 16
You can change both of those behaviors in the preferences if you just dig enough. I'd tell you the exact places if I had foobar in front of me, but I'm at work and it's not gonna happen. Hopefully either I, at a later time, or the next person can point you in the right direction.

Feb 9, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by macky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can change both of those behaviors in the preferences if you just dig enough. I'd tell you the exact places if I had foobar in front of me, but I'm at work and it's not gonna happen. Hopefully either I, at a later time, or the next person can point you in the right direction.

Would appreciate the help very much.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 16
Right. Here are some settings.

You will need columns UI for this. You can download that here:
http://yuo.be/columns.php

Now what you do is the following. You place the columns file in the components directory. After doing this you start Foobar. Foobar will ask you if you want to use columns. You do.

Now you unpack my file. After this you go to File\ Preferences \ Columns UI
Check importing and import the file that I uploaded here. It's called EnO.fcs

Restart Foobar. Everything should work now.

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 16
Thanks for help, but I still get playlist deleted when I click on any sound file from outside of foobar, it does start playing the file in the current selected playlist and deletes everything in it. ><

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 16
Go to preferences\ General and check all the options at Commandline.

If your playlist is still called default then you can leave it at that. If you renamed your playlist change the name there as well.

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #8 of 16
One more thing, I looked all over the settings, everywhere. But why can't I find the simple "double clicking the playlist itself in the playlist browser, starts playing it?" It is driving me nuts ;p I fixed the renaming issue but that's about it.

Feb 9, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 16
Are you are using foobar?
biggrin.gif

I really can't find it right now. I can do this by default I think. That would seem a lot more logical to me anyway.

I'll keep looking for a bit. But I am not sure if I will find it.

BTW. What version are you using?

Edit: Did you switch the User Interface Mode? I forgot to mention that. Preferences \Display
Select Columns UI there and restart foobar.

Feb 9, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you are using foobar?
biggrin.gif

I really can't find it right now. I can do this by default I think. That would seem a lot more logical to me anyway.

I'll keep looking for a bit. But I am not sure if I will find it.

BTW. What version are you using?

Edit: Did you switch the User Interface Mode? I forgot to mention that. Preferences \Display
Select Columns UI there and restart foobar.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

This, yes it is columns UI.

Feb 9, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #11 of 16
Right, in Preferences -> General, check "Enqueue incoming files by default when adding from commandline" and "Always send to playlist" where you then specify which playlist you want the files to be put in.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound quality is about the same right now. So just use what suits you best.

This may be obvious to others but why would anyone use Foobar except for the fun of infinite configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back