ok, help quick!
Nov 5, 2001 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

veruvius

New Head-Fier
Finally, my trashy sony headphones broke so I have a reason to buy new phones. I mostly just my headphones for portable use, a little for the computer and stationary use, but not nearly as much as travel. Being as I don't use my headphones all that much anyway, I don't want anything expensive, not yet at least
wink.gif

I was thinking ksc-35 all the way, but I know its open, so how much sound leaks? I often listen to my phones now were it is supposed to be quiet, so I don't want something to disrupt other people (I don't listen very loud though).

Is there something else that would fit better, maybe the hd-550 that came up a little while ago? I'm not an audiophile in the least bit, but I like quality sound. Bass is important in that it should not be boomy.

I know I've asked this before, but I just want to check again in case there is a better option around. I need to make a decision quick. The biggest question here is just how much sound the KSC-35 lets in and out. As always, thanks, and keep prowling for those lower end phones for the less picky of us (the cheapies) :p

Nov 6, 2001 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 23
oh, I never excercise with headphones on, I mean I need something I can carry around with me easily, so preferably not something very bulky.

oh, I'm also worried about the KSC-35's fit. seeing how the 55's have the same driver but a band, would that be a better choice?

Nov 6, 2001 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 23
35's all the WAY, man!! They're better than the EX70's and HP550's; this I know as a fact.

They don't leack all that much, well, not more than as expected. No one really cares.

Now, a Grado at the same volume, on the other hand...

Nov 6, 2001 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 23
I would advise getting the 35s. They don't leak much sound, they are comfortable, and they sound great. They're very small, too, which makes them perfect for portable use. They also work quite well with computer audio, being forgiving of poor sources.

Nov 6, 2001 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 23
Get them at a local electronics store if you can. That way returns/exchanges are easier.

If you can't get them locally, get them from headphone.com.

Russ

Nov 6, 2001 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 23
OK!
veruvius, before you post something tittled like "help quick etc" did you bother to check these forums (here and Headwize).
I mean, I'm gettin' tired of repeating the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again... We have had perhaps one post like this per day for the last few months. CHECK THEM OUT. THERE IS A SEARCH FUNCTION HERE.
Sorry, didn't want to be destructive or something, but this is just a waiste of space (this post included).
Oh well, get the V6, or KSC35, or HP550, or DT250 or... you know...
PS: I know that every new member wants his/hers questions answered personally, but it has already been answered 100 times at least.

Nov 7, 2001 at 12:40 AM Post #11 of 23
I know, I'm sorry, if you read my first post, I thought that would say it all (I guess you didn't). I didn't really realize I could waste space on a message board. The question I really wanted to know was how the KSC-35 was with leaking sound and keeping sound out. I have searched the board and the headwize boards several times. I never read anything on that. If I missed a post like that, I'm sorry. I'll keep quiet now.

Nov 7, 2001 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 23
I'm sorry too. I guess I was (a bit) too harsh. Just that we had too many of hese posts lately, but it is not up to me to judge this. These forums have moderators. Sorry once again.
To answer your question. I have the PortaPro which uses the same drivers as KSC35, so the sound leakage and isolation are about the same for both. To me they do not isolate any sound at all and leakage is quite a bit too. The former is the reason why my Portas don't see much use. I live in a big town and going through noisy traffic is not fun with these on. Also I noticed that some people get irritated in a packed subway standing next to me when I wear them, too my sound leaking out I guess.

Nov 7, 2001 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 23
Chill, man.

Veruvius is in the green--and don't worry, there are always those who feel great giving the same advice over and over again (ie, me). It makes them feel smart.

Nov 7, 2001 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 23
I'm sorry too. I guess I was (a bit) too harsh. Just that we had too many of hese posts lately, but it is not up to me to judge this. These forums have moderators. Sorry once again.
To answer your question. I have the PortaPro which uses the same drivers as KSC35, so the sound leakage and isolation are about the same for both. To me they do not isolate any sound at all and leakage is quite a bit too. The former is the reason why my Portas don't see much use. I live in a big town and going through noisy traffic is not fun with these on. Also I noticed that some people get irritated in a packed subway standing next to me when I wear them, too much sound leaking out I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back