OK guys,,,,,,,,,how was the Philly meet?????
Mar 14, 2004 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

meech

500+ Head-Fier
c'mon guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know you're not sleeping.

How was the Philadelphia meet today?

Any highlights, pics, etc.

Mar 14, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 13
Yes, please do. I am very upset that I couldn't go, but I had been injured by one of my students and have basically been a gimp all week. Just don't make me feel too bad about having missed the meet.

-Silby

Mar 14, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 13
wow, philly must be hardcore if middle-schooolers are roughing you up.

Mar 14, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by bln
wow, philly must be hardcore if middle-schooolers are roughing you up.

Seriously. I was disarming one of my students, who brought in a glass bottle to use as a weapon, and got my chest slammed VERY hard into the corner of a desk. Today is the first day that I can move around without it REALLY hurting. To make matters worse, last Thursday (this happened on Tues) another student, trying to fight, slammed my back into a locker and I had to go to the hospital (everything was fine, but it hurt like a b*tch. So yeah, I guess Philly can be pretty hardcore.

-Silby

Mar 14, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Silby
So yeah, I guess Philly can be pretty hardcore.

Damn. Well the meet was hardcore too, check out the impressions posted in the member's lounge.

Mar 14, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Seriously. I was disarming one of my students, who brought in a glass bottle to use as a weapon, and got my chest slammed VERY hard into the corner of a desk. Today is the first day that I can move around without it REALLY hurting. To make matters worse, last Thursday (this happened on Tues) another student, trying to fight, slammed my back into a locker and I had to go to the hospital (everything was fine, but it hurt like a b*tch. So yeah, I guess Philly can be pretty hardcore.

How old are these kids?

Mar 14, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
How old are these kids?

Between the ages of 10 and 16, most of the kids are 13 or younger, with several 14 year olds in the 8th grade, and then like 5 kids in the school who are 15 and one or two kids who are 16. The two students I had incidents with were 12 and 13.

-Silby

BTW, both cases involved female students, who are far rougher and more brutal than the boys.

Mar 14, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by taylor
The meet was great. It was nice listening to many setups that I can't afford. There must have been $20,000 in gear on those tables.

What sources were there? Any unanimous (sp?) victors?

-Silby

Mar 14, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Brian's Wadia CDP
Hirsch's Zen
Hirsch's Creek CDP
sbulack's SlimX PCDP
Lou's MDP
Lou's FM Radio
My Samsung DVDP

Could have been more, but those are the ones I remember.

Mar 14, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 13
Hey, Guys!!! You all know the drill!! The "Philly Meet Impressions" thread has been opened over in the Members' Lounge Forum. See ya' over there.

Mar 14, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Between the ages of 10 and 16, most of the kids are 13 or younger, with several 14 year olds in the 8th grade, and then like 5 kids in the school who are 15 and one or two kids who are 16. The two students I had incidents with were 12 and 13.

-Silby

BTW, both cases involved female students, who are far rougher and more brutal than the boys.

Brutal! It doesn't sound like a fun job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back