Ohio Mini-meet #3
Apr 16, 2005 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 125

sacd lover

Headphoneus Supremus
I have set the Ohio mini-meet date for Saturday April 30, 2005. The meet will run from 10:00am until 4:00-5:00pm. I have spots for up to eight people. bg4533, rempert, EdipisReks and mikey01 are commiting so far. I am waiting to hear from acs236 and go_vtec. That leaves atleast two spots open. If you would like to come give me a pm. I would also appreciate knowing about any cancellations three days in advance, if possible. That way I could offer the spot to another head-fier. I will send out my address once I have confirmation you will be attending. I will post the guest list and any alternates in this thread so you can follow the attendee progress.

Would someone please bring a digital camera in case I am still on camera probation.
redface.gif
I want to get some pics for everyone. As I said in the Cincinnati meet thread, this is for serious listening. We will no doubt eat and socialize, but I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the gear they want to sample. I am going to try and arrange listening stations with comfortable chairs and keep things orderly. I have my computer upstairs and we will try to post pictures while the meet is in progress, if possible. I will encourage everyone to post their impressions too.
smily_headphones1.gif

There will be some recently introduced amps like the Singlepower SLAM PPX3, SLAM MPX3 and the Headamp GS-1. I have my Singlepower tube rectified prototype (you should all try to hear this amp) and a couple mpx3-6/12sn7 amps in the stable too. I am also trying to get a prototype of the new Singlepower solid state amp for this meet. I will need you to bring some sources if you want to play your amps. I do have a Fid Audio switchbox that would allow one source to serve three amps. I have extra cables and extra power conditioning and table space as well. I have senn 650 headphones only... so be sure you bring you grados, sony's etc.. to try out on the amps.

I would love to have someone bring some other tube amps like the Eddie Current hd25/ Mapletree Ear+/ Emmeline Raptor/ Woo Audio 3/ original or current model ppx3, or any others, for some comparisons. So if you have one of these amps please bring them. I have the Woo 3 now, but unfortunately, I will not have the amp by the time the meet arrives.

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
I am looking forward to it
biggrin.gif

I can bring my digital camera.

Hopefully a few solid state DIY amps too. Sorry, no tubes yet. Probably no sources either.

I know you liked the mpx3 at the last meet. I think you will be very impressed with the GS-1 too. Do bring a sold state amp and we can hook it up to the switch box or use the GS-1's loop out and do some comparisons.
cool.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 125
I moved this thread here...the Impressions thread is for meets that have ALREADY taken place.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I moved this thread here...the Impressions thread is for meets that have ALREADY taken place.
biggrin.gif

Whoops!
eek.gif
I thought I posted this in the upcoming meet section. Thanks for moving it for me Elrod.

Apr 17, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I know you liked the mpx3 at the last meet. I think you will be very impressed with the GS-1 too. Do bring a sold state amp and we can hook it up to the switch box or use the GS-1's loop out and do some comparisons.
cool.gif

I will have my PPA with Steps and Glassmans new diamond buffers. I am also working on 2 Gilmore Dynamics. The first will be similar to the Headamp Lite. The second will be higher end, more like a GS-1. I should have the first done, but the higher end one is unlikely.

Apr 17, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
I will have my PPA with Steps and Glassmans new diamond buffers. I am also working on 2 Gilmore Dynamics. The first will be similar to the Headamp Lite. The second will be higher end, more like a GS-1. I should have the first done, but the higher end one is unlikely.

Bring the PPA for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 125
Mikey01 is taking on riders for the meet. The high cost of gas will be divided up. So sign in with SACDlover and sign on with me. EdRx is in so far. I have room for two more. I will bring the Denon, Moth, DT990's, and the 650's.
smily_headphones1.gif
580smile.gif
lambda.gif
Bring your own crash helmets. No smoking in the car, oh, and no farting either.
basshead.gif
blink.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 125
Hey guys, I was talking to Matt Anker of sacdmods tonight and I invited him to the meet. There is a good chance he will be able to make it.
cool.gif
So for you technically inclined... maybe he will open up one of my sacdmods players and give us a tour.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #14 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Mikey01 is taking on riders for the meet. The high cost of gas will be divided up. So sign in with SACDlover and sign on with me. EdRx is in so far.

thanks! i'm more than happy to split gas costs with you
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Hey guys, I was talking to Matt Anker of sacdmods tonight and I invited him to the meet. There is a good chance he will be able to make it. So for you technically inclined... maybe we will open up one of my sacdmods players and give us a tour.

that would be extremely cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back