Ohhhh, HOT! (JVC challenges Kenwood players!)
Jul 19, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #16 of 26
Translation of the highlights of the quote from the impression of the JVC dap by yamaza-k@impress.co.jp:
Quote:

For testing purposes, the CC converter was turned on, and the AHB was off. The AHB is superior in bass reproduction, however it sounds bloated with IEMs; the synergy is better with semi-canal phones.

The first thing I noticed in its signature is the smoothness in its high's, almost like a silk doam tweeter. Female voice production is stellar. The mids and lows are also kept at a balanced attenuation, giving it a full bodied and warm texture.

The detail in soundstage/positioning and frequency separation is what the JVC lacks in comparison to the Kenwood. Instead of presenting sound in the monitor like signature, it adds the fun factor while preserving the musical element.

It is a matter of preference between these two devices, and of course the price. I personally would choose the Kenwood.

The next impression basically says the same thing except it mentions the mid-high region is better than the Kenwood.

Antony I personally think your wallet would be much happier with your GB7
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like also to know how does the bass boost behave with the Etys.

Based on the impression, if I did not mistranslate it, it says the bass is bloated for inner-canal phones and is more suited for semi-canal phones. But since the 4S' are a little bass curved, it might just be the perfect synergy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true. I never tried, since I have used only mp3, but I read something about the Kenwood playing gapless with lossless or wav files.

You're right, it only works with lossless/wav.

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #18 of 26
The JVC appears to be a very nice player on the surface. However, it doesn't appear to support lossless which would be the major flaw for me.

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 26
There is a reason: it's 6gb, so lossless would be a problem. Get a Trekstor Vibez: 12gb, OGG and FLAC support.

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #22 of 26
I was gonna start a thread on that player. It looks scary good. I love the blue one. 24 bit/96Khz, 4 environment modes and 4 modes for different headphones types. I like the tuning with the graphs.

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #23 of 26
Its supposed to have USB streaming for drm 10 wma...

[size=medium]Can it stream to my predator?[/size] If so can someone please rockbox it hehe

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 26
Anyone?

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #25 of 26
Well I don't know about the audio streaming, but if it did have it, you wouldn't if you put Rockbox on it. USB audio drivers aren't finished/working on Rockbox from what I can gather
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I guess it might if that part was entirely hardware controlled but it's unlikely!

Aug 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #26 of 26
on various descriptions of the player it says it streams via usb but ony drm 10 wma...so it must be software...is there a wma 10 lossless ? I have no idea...i never use it. I know wma 9 had lossless so it stands to reason i presume.

would love to know if it can usb stream to a device such as the pico..

Im going to try and email JVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back