OHH MYY GOD???? this is how u wear the super.fi?
Aug 26, 2006 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jdimitri

Headphoneus Supremus
Go here http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/superfi.htm and watch the video on the left hand side on 'proper insertion technique'
I didn't know the logo was meant to be sticking out... That's SOOOO stupid
eek.gif

Why, why? why don't they do it the normal way ala shure/ westone??
Holy crap, i almost bought these because i thought it looked better than UM2s

Aug 26, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 14
Stupid for you can be great for someone else. Ety's look weird also. You can wear them differently though if you replace the cables from left to right and otherwise, so you can wear them à la Shure.

Aug 26, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 14
Sorry, didnt mean to start stabbing super.fi owners, i wrote that straight after i saw the video
It was just REALLY unexpected... i thought it was 'just another iem' in colours

Aug 26, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 14
I've seen an artist wearing Super.fi 5 Pro on stage, in the normal way (so sticking out). Probably some more elsewhere.

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Go here http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/superfi.htm and watch the video on the left hand side on 'proper insertion technique'
I didn't know the logo was meant to be sticking out... That's SOOOO stupid
eek.gif

Why, why? why don't they do it the normal way ala shure/ westone??
Holy crap, i almost bought these because i thought it looked better than UM2s

hmmm....strange.
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 14
Hmm, that chicks in the demo video must have practiced inserting them a million times. I am not able to put on any universal IEM that quick. Always took me 2 hands and about 5 sec to insert + at least 20 sec to fiddle the fit until I find it comfortable. Therefore, with both ears, usually it took me over a min to complete the whole processes.

Yah, the super.fi series seems a bit bulky compared to Shure or Westones.

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 14
Comfortable and can be worn for hours at a time my ass! They were hard to insert, I could never get a good seal, and they irritated the crap out of my ear canals. Not to mention the nub that sticks out of the housing kept rubbing against my outer ear, leaving an irritated spot.

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Comfortable and can be worn for hours at a time my ass! They were hard to insert, I could never get a good seal, and they irritated the crap out of my ear canals. Not to mention the nub that sticks out of the housing kept rubbing against my outer ear, leaving an irritated spot.

Yeah, i keep hearing the raving comforts these have
The chick doesnt look very comfortable with it.. at all
Maybe it just doesnt look good on her
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 14
I actually tried that when I had mine. It didn't work. Unlike the guy in the photograph, my ear canals don't point directly into the back of my eye socket, so they still stuck out and rubbed my ears. (Inner and outer.)

Aug 26, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
I actually tried that when I had mine. It didn't work. Unlike the guy in the photograph, my ear canals don't point directly into the back of my eye socket, so they still stuck out and rubbed my ears. (Inner and outer.)

hmmm...how do you join a team?
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 14
I also hate the way these fit. I tried the 5 pro, & while they sound very good, the fit is a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back