Oh the pain - I can't install XP until Sunday!!
Oct 26, 2001 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
I decided to be one of the first people to own the full retail (well... upgrade) version of Windows XP Home, bought it, and the plus pack today for a total of £129.98 - but, I can't install it until Sunday
frown.gif

What i'd like to know, by the time Sunday comes around, is if anyone has any installation, or usage problems that i should be aware of - Yes, I know that there was a thread similar to this not so long ago, but - that was with Beta versions - Now, I wanna know how the full program works, and how efficient it is
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your time...

Oct 26, 2001 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Haven't had any experience w/ XP, just wondering why you got the Home version instead of Professional?

Oct 26, 2001 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Because Home version was cheaper - and the only significant difference that i could see between the two was that Proffesional was better at handling network situations - and - apart from the net, I don't have a network
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2001 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 4
A friend of mine owns a website developing company (www.pagemakers.co.uk) with his brother and a friend, and he's gone through all the Windows OS. And he's told me that XP is by far the most stable, ME crashes more, and only Win 2000 is close. The only problem is that you can only change up to 6 pieces of hardware in you computer after installation (registration rather) and after that XP will think you've installed it on another computer and it won't work anymore. The only way to get around it is to contact microsoft. However, there are cracks for it on the net already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back