Oh, Oh, I Need One Of These
Apr 7, 2015 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr Rick

Headphoneus Supremus

very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 7

Does it work for CDs and SACDs as well? I sometimes find the first couple of bits missing in my rips. Then everything gets misaligned and my beloved bavarian folk music sounds like Varese. I always try to fully rewind all discs before starting a rip, but by doing it manually I can't seem to achieve the accuracy of such a heaven-sent tool.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 7

Does it work for CDs and SACDs as well? I sometimes find the first couple of bits missing in my rips. Then everything gets misaligned and my beloved bavarian folk music sounds like Varese. I always try to fully rewind all discs before starting a rip, but by doing it manually I can't seem to achieve the accuracy of such a heaven-sent tool.

Won't work with DSD.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 7
Sure. I also put my external hard drives on antistatic HiRes audio pillows, make sure they are properly rewound before storing newly ripped files, and after that I thoroughly demagnetize them to get rid of any noise residues. Of course I tweaked the hard disc driver on my system so that audio files are always written at half-speed. Right off the bat it sounded awful, but after a lengthy burn-in process, which destroyed two of my hard discs, the effort started paying off. Now I couldn't be happier.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Never rewind your optical disks before storing, everyone know that cause pre-echos. Is there a model with FF library wind so I can listen to first part and FF to the end if I don't want to or have time to listen to it all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back