Oh noes! My HD580 cable just died!
Apr 30, 2006 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Distroyed

1000+ Head-Fier
So my Sennheiser left cable just died on me (I switched the cables to make certain it was the cable and not the driver). My question is for those who have gone through Sennheiser service repair before. Will they happilly replace this defective cable within the warranty period without me having to ship my headphones in? Ie, can I just run through the RMA process on their site quickly and ship just the cable to them without any problems?

Apr 30, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 9
I think your best bet would be calling them and speaking to someone and seeing if that would be an option. If not, you would probably have to go through the whole service thing. Or you could just order another cable (perhaps the 650 cable at $12?) although that would be a cost to you.

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 9
recable
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
Where could I find a 650 stock cable for $12?

Go to sennheiserusa.com, then go to Shop, then go to Parts, etc.

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 9
The gods of Head-Fi are trying to tell you something.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis
Why does it matter?
Just think of this as a cable upgrade and be happy
tongue.gif

I think you're right. I'll place the call on Monday, but if they turn this into a hassle, new 650 cable here I come!

Thanks for pointing the cheap replacement price out, dagg.

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
I think you're right. I'll place the call on Monday, but if they turn this into a hassle, new 650 cable here I come!

Thanks for pointing the cheap replacement price out, dagg.

Glad to be of help, just remember the 650 cable is terminated in 1/4" so you may need an adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back