OH NO!! Is the eBay Global Shipping Program about to screw me? And my buyer??
Aug 27, 2016 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MLGrado

500+ Head-Fier
Lord have mercy I am nervous.  I should have heeded the various warnings about eBay's shipping program, and NOT shipped a pair of AUDEZE LCD-2 overseas through it.  

As anyone knows, shipping the Audeze headphones is very, very safe because of the robust pelican style travel/storage case that comes with the headphones.  

I shipped the headphones and accessories, inside the travel case, in the ORIGINAL Audeze shipping box.  

The total package is just under 7 pounds.  

Well, after the item was transferred to the international shipper (DAIPOST), the weight of the shipment has dropped to 2 POUNDS!!!!!

OH NO... I have a sinking feeling the a-hole that processed the package in eBay's Erlanger KY shipping center took the headphones and accessories out of the travel case, tossed the travel case, and repackaged to save a buck or two for eBay's bottom line.  

PLEASE LORD, let this NOT be the case!!!  I sent the buyer a note about my concerns.  I am HOPING I am over-reacting to the change in ship weight.  

Fingers crossed, saying a few hail Mary's, praying toward Mecca, crossing my legs and meditating, praying in tongues.. whatever it takes!

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 2
I have found that the ebay shipping program is a pain as far as cost is concerned, especially when shipping from the US to Australia.

I have never had a problem with the packaging of the goods.

I would say that there was a glitch in the weight printed on the documents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back