oh my, good day turned into a bad day.
May 4, 2004 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

eMpAtHy

100+ Head-Fier
well, i just got home from school. i look at a super huge package in front of my door, but it wasnt for me. So, i took that in the house and i see a japanese package on the couch. I jump for joy since my new a900's just got there, when i was expecting them on the 12th. Then i listen for like 30 minutes, then i get up to go to the bathroom, and i was wearing a hoodie sweater at the time from abercrombie. Then some how my phone falls out of the big hoodie pocket on the front and bam in goes my phone. Luckily i have insurance on my phone, but its going to cost me 35 dollars to ship me a new phone and hopefully my sim card still works. Sigh, I'm poor too
frown.gif
i barely got this phone too, never even dropped it, besides today. Worse possible place ever. I'd rather drop it into wet cement, but noooo it had to go into the toilet. I dont think its salvageable. I'm going to try to sell whatever i can sell. Hopefully i can sell off the sim card or the battery or the battery door or something. hopefully.

May 4, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 10
......and today's lesson is that you should never take your headphones off
580smile.gif

Good luck.

May 5, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 10
That sucks man.

Don't shop at Aberecrombie
wink.gif

May 5, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 10
haha. that would be impossible, i would be physically attached to my computer and i would starve to death, be forced to pee in the general area...etc etc.

May 5, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 10
i have done that before. What worked for me, was grabbing it out of the toilet instantly(yes it was flushed, I will never be that poor) removing the battery for instant shutoff. Let it dry for two days.

It continued to work for another year before I eventually just bought a new phone.

I had this conception that electronics + water is bad, but the real equation is electricity + water = bad. If something like that ever happens again, just remember kill the power instantly and you might have a chance to salvage whatever you got wet.

May 5, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
i have done that before. What worked for me, was grabbing it out of the toilet instantly(yes it was flushed, I will never be that poor) removing the battery for instant shutoff. Let it dry for two days.

It continued to work for another year before I eventually just bought a new phone.

I had this conception that electronics + water is bad, but the real equation is electricity + water = bad. If something like that ever happens again, just remember kill the power instantly and you might have a chance to salvage whatever you got wet.

Don't forget to make sure you leave it out to dry, not just untill it looks dry. A day or two should be fine.

eMpAtHy, did you drop a cordless/cell phone in, your or headphones in (I suspect the latter)?

May 5, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 10
i dropped my cell phone in the toilet. it was clean water. I dropped it in before i did my business.

if it works, im going to sell it on ebay
smily_headphones1.gif
if not, ill test the battery and see if it works.in a few days or so. the thing is..it died when i grabbed it out of the toilet, so we shall see. If not, i get a new phone anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back