OH.......MY.........GOD!!!!
Jan 14, 2002 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I know I'm a little slow but I just picked up the Gladiator soundtrack a couple of days ago and I was blown away! This has to be one of the best CDs I've ever heard. I was listening using my RKV II amp and Grado HP 2 headphones and also my Stax system and I couldn't stop listening. This CD just sounded awesome on my Sony SCD-C333ES SACD/CD player. I kept hitting repeat on track #3 "The Battle." I must have listened to that track 20 times in a row. I just couldn't move past it. This is why we spend so much $$$ on this stuff. The experience was incredible. I would love to hear this CD through a nice set of tower speakers. I think that would be another incredible experience. If you don't have this CD then you need to run and get it right away. Play it on a nice setup(portables need not apply) and be amazed.
smily_headphones1.gif

B00004STPT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jan 14, 2002 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

This is why we spend so much $$$ on this stuff. The experience was incredible.

Is it because the sound quality is incredible? If it is, that's NOT why i spend €€€ on this stuff. I think the music fits the movie well but is nothing special. The sound quality is incredible tho. Still, I would never buy the CD.

Jan 14, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
Is it because the sound quality is incredible? If it is, that's NOT why i spend €€€ on this stuff. I think the music fits the movie well but is nothing special. The sound quality is incredible tho. Still, I would never buy the CD.

Gladiator is one of my favorite film scores. I enjoy it musically, as well as sonically.

Jan 14, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 15
Yes, this record is the cure for all those over-compressed horrid sounding ones. Love all the low bass rumblings and whack-across-the-head dynamics.

Jan 14, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 15
does the dvd have an isolated soundtrack? if so, i might go for that--i'm a big ridley scott fan.

Jan 14, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 15
Heh, you really need to try a pair of V6s with that CD. Bass of RKV + bass of 333ES + bass of V6 =
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 15
Acid

I would recommend you also pick up More Music From the Motion Picture Gladiator. There are more "vocals" than in the first one (I don't know if you can call it vocals or not, but I love her voice), and they mix some of the actual dialogue from the movie into the CD. At first, I thought the dialogue intruded. But after listening to the CD a few times, the movie dialogue actually enhances your experience with the CD in my opinion. I do not go without listening to both of them every couple of weeks.

Jan 14, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 15
Thanks Vertigo, I'll try that combo and also my Beyer DT 770 which have great bass too. I also just got my Beyer DT 250-250 today so I'll try that one also.
biggrin.gif

Thanks JMT, I will pick that one up tomorrow if I can find it.

Wab, the music and sound quality go hand in hand. If you like the music, then you will even like it more if it's well recorded.

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:54 AM Post #12 of 15
And yet again I recommend Dead Dan Ddance.

Lisa Garrard does have a rather amazing voice.
The Toward the Within video is nice too, I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD here.

Jan 15, 2002 at 1:54 PM Post #13 of 15
I listened to that soundtrack so many times I can barely watch the movie anymore - I'm so distracted by my ears zeroing in on the score!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back