Oh my God...I almost killed my Grado HP-2s this morning!
Nov 7, 2001 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I was listening to music this morning on my new Szeker DIY amp connected to my Grado HP-2s when I decided to get up and put a tape in my VCR to record some stuff tonight. Well after I put the tape into my VCR I stepped back to sit back down and didn't realize I had my foot on the HP-2 cord. Oh ****! The Grado's went flying and landed on top of the Skezer amp with a big WHACK! I was horrified.
eek.gif
I picked them up and looked for any damage but didn't see any. I was sure I had just killed them. I put them back on and they were still playing music just fine. I'm just glad these things are built like a tank. The top of my Skezer is metal so it wasn't damaged either. I think I got lucky this time.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2001 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 10
I sent my old mdp flying across the room several times with the same technique...not fun! I'm glad Senns have detachable wires too, saved them a couple of times..

Nov 7, 2001 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 10
After that sort of thing happens 100 or so times, you kind of remember to check for wires before you make any sudden moves!
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]Now that I've offered such sage advice, I sure hope I don't make it happen the 101st time![/size]
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2001 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 10
Hey man, you're feet are small!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got two left one's on top of size 12's

Nov 7, 2001 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 10
I pulled my SR-80's off my head at least 20 times by standing on the cord when I went to stand up.

I've only done it with my SR-325's once...those cost too much to not pay attention to what I'm doing.

Nov 7, 2001 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 10
The damage is quite reversed in the case of the Etymotic... tug on the cord in the wrong position and they will give your ears quite a bit of pain... Otherwise, just don't step on them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back