Oh my ... did I really just do that?
Nov 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Room /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got an itch for the next level in home head-fi. Trawled the forums, surfed the net, visited a few shops ..... surfed the net some more. Used the search function on Head-Fi, dreamt about gear way beyond my budget, sent a few emails. Paced the room, increased my budget ..... told the wife ...... decreased the budget. Sent a few more emails. Procrastinated ........... then shopped and ordered:

DacMagic (in the bag)
Little Dot MkVI .... on its way.
AKG702, true balanced hard wire, black dragon to 4 pin xlr & black dragon interconnects for the DAC > Amp ...... waiting for parts.

I'll let you know how it goes ..... for now I'm going to drink a bottle wine and reassure my wallet!
o2smile.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Stephen

That's our boy. Jump in swingin. Look forward to your comments.

As you have read, give your equipment several hundred hours before critical review. The 701/2s especially. I got my amp and hps about the same time and just let them run for about three weeks with pink noise. In between, I would listen to some music. When your equipment is at full performance, it is a joy that you will remember the rest of your life. A grin akin to the first time, .....well, will be on your face for a while.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 23
One day I shall yeild to the pull of the Headroom Balanced Max and a set of balanced 'phones. I'm glad my girlfriend realizes we can't ever marry until one of us wins the lottery.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buranko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are crazy... e_e

Yeah, and most of the girls are crazy as well.
smile.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Room /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(1) Paced the room, (2) increased my budget ..... (3) told the wife ...... (4) decreased the budget.

After a while, you'll learn to omit Step 3 (and step 4) altogether! : )

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a while, you'll learn to omit Step 3 (and step 4) altogether! : )

You forgot set 2b) Convince yourself those noodles are tasty and increase the budget (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back