OH HORRIBLE INJUSTICE!!!
Sep 5, 2004 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

TheMuffinMan_01

500+ Head-Fier
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

The termination on my cd3k's is done for. it was all bent out of shape, and i tried to bend it back into shape, and i tried to put the 1/4 inch adapter on it but it got stuck and i could only hear through the left channel!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
i finally got it off and now im just sad. I emailed Larry (his name to the best of my recolection) at headphile because i know he does custom recabling for cd3ks and does his own termination for them, so i thought it might be possible for him to pop a new plug on mine... but if that doesn't pan out does anyone have any other suggestions?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 5, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 25
I suggest u do a full recabling,single entry if u dont wanna lose warranty.It will fix the issue and improve the sound significantly.

Sep 5, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 25
I'd just bring it into a local electronics repair shop and have them stick on a new connector if that's all you're looking for. just make sure to buy a good jack.

Sep 5, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 25
Ahahaha... sell them and buy your favorite cans... the vaunted porta pros.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Sep 5, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 25
Hey Evan! You could just buy a nice plug, send the '3Ks to me and I could fix it up. ROFLMAO!

Or, you can buy my PPs off of me!
biggrin.gif

...I KNOW you want them! (pad mod!
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 5, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 25
Well, if all it is is a broken jack on the end of the cable, wouldn't it be possible to fix it yourself? I mean, it would be a little bit hap-hazard and DIY style, but I'm sure its possible. You would prolly only just need to buy an new terminating piece, and then you could cut the old one off, strip the wire a little, then solder it onto the new termination. Possible?

Sep 5, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
If larry is able to do it, i would rather have him do it cause i have done business with him before and i would be sure it was done right.

I have no doubt that Larry would do a fine job, but you honestly could take it to just about any electronics repair shop. This is about the simplest repair you can possibly do.

Sep 5, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #14 of 25
Evan (muffinman) could just send the CD3Ks to me, as I have a soldering iron, know how to resolder plugs, and he knows me personally. (We're actually friends...)

Sep 5, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 25
This is something that can be repaired in no time. Just take them to a local audio shop that has tech services. You should be able to get them back the same day. It cannot be any simpler. Certainly not worth the cost of shipping both ways and risk of damage to the phone to replace a simple connector. Even somebody like Bay Bloor audio should be able to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back