Oh god NO!!! Monster Tron IEMS.........
Dec 20, 2010 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

lebomb

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_119TRONIE/Monster-TRON-T3.html?tp=761

eek.gif

I wonder how they will sound? 

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 25
Wow. They'll cash in on any popular craze won't they?

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 25
Yeah, but you can get that Charlie Brown Christmas CD for free if you buy them from Crutchfield!!!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 25
I'm really beginning to HATE all this movie tie-in/celebrity endorsement crap...mainstream, GTFO of our little (snob)hobby!

EDIT:  What the hell kind of overview is this?:
"Portable Tron-inspired earbuds
Monster's TRON T3 earbuds let you enjoy clear, dynamic sound with your MP3s while on the go. These stylish buds feature lightweight drivers that cover a wide range of frequencies, giving you detailed music and engaging video game soundtracks. Use these buds with your portable gaming device while battling against the Master Control Program, or check out clips from the new movie, Tron: Legacy, on your smartphone. With these little buds dishing out your tunes, there's nothing standing in your way of winning the disc championship!"

Only slightly less useful is the features and specs tab: 
General
Type Portable
Style In-ear
Frequency Response ---
Sensitivity ---
Impedance ---
Weight ---
Airline Adapter Included ---
iPod Control Yes
In-line Mic For Cell Phone Yes
Built-in Microphone Yes
Parts Warranty 1 Year
Labor Warranty 1 Year 

Because, you know...this kind of detailed info is important to Tron fans...

Oh, and on a related note, Crutchfield is SOLD OUT of all their Beats, but all three colors of the Quincey Jones Signature Series AKGs are still available.  I'm a little pissed that they didn't even list the Yogi & Boo Boo Ultra-Premium Select Mega-Spectacular HD Limited Line Sennheisers though...

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:
Am I the only one who likes the look of those headphones?

Probably.  Looks like you like the B&W's, so there's no accounting for taste...

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 25

Quote:

Nope. The new designs are incredibly nice looking.
But a few things. First that better not be glossy plastic. But it most probably is, so it'll be a dust/print/scratch magnet.
Second on the T1 they should have a toggle for those lights. However what they should have is to put several front-facing white (clear) LEDs, so they may be used as a hear-worn illumination device. This would eliminate the need to carry a flashlight. I mean seriously what should I get, MagLite? SureFire? Pelican?
Then it's the sound, of course. No doubt that half the price is on marketing, but back on the original Beats, it isn't that bad. It's just not worth the money. I'm quite sure that this is the same case here.
That said... excellent design, Monster. Although I have to say, walking on the streets with the T1 is probably just a huge middle finger to everyone around.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
Quote:

No you're not the only one. Design-wise they're great - as a prop in a sci fi movie they'd be superb.

Not that I'd want them on my head, but I can appreciate a nice piece of scifi deisgn.

+1. can't really imaging someone wearing those without looking very out of place. Doesn't look half bad by itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back