Oh god Cnet....
Feb 22, 2005 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Cyclone

Headphoneus Supremus
if you have a micro or you know the features of the micro. or just in general know the differnce between a line-in recording function and a head phone jack check this out....
rolleyes.gif

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen...?tag=cnetfd.ec

play the video half way down the screen.

Feb 22, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 22
What's funny is when they put something as a con like no fm radio, but then for ipod that is no where to be seen. They just review on how popular the player is.

Feb 22, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 22
C-Net is prety good you can easily tell which product is good or not when they review it. When you say that they put in cons like no radio and not with the iPod it means that the people making it could have easily put one in unlike with the iPod mini which was released a year ago and you could buy extras for them. C-Net aren't a bunch of iPod junkies.
I don't really think C-Net talks about audio when reviewing the machine itself. They are pretty on track with their headphone section.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 22
oh yea I saw that wow Did they think the mic was a line-in recorder?

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomRemixed
C-Net is prety good you can easily tell which product is good or not when they review it. When you say that they put in cons like no radio and not with the iPod it means that the people making it could have easily put one in unlike with the iPod mini which was released a year ago and you could buy extras for them. C-Net aren't a bunch of iPod junkies.
I don't really think C-Net talks about audio when reviewing the machine itself. They are pretty on track with their headphone section.
rs1smile.gif

Finally! Another cnet fan. I thought that I was the only one.

TomRemixed, I have trouble understanding how all of these head-fi headphone-snobs can dislike the eloquence and spot-on directness of cnet's reviews.
600smile.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

rs1smile.gif

definately got to disagree with your there. they have the er-6 review posted for the er6i... another great achievment for c-net. As for the no radio=con thing i dont think they dont it on purpose neccisarily (didnt spell that right
blink.gif
) its just that they dont take the same pride in their work that other reviewers do. and even if you are right and they know that you can buy thousands of aftermarket parts its not right that they discount it. thats like a car reviewer saying that a "Tiburon" can do a 8 second 1/4 mile....after a few performance upgrades.

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

rs1smile.gif

Where is this no radio comment?

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #10 of 22
I'm guessing they have a ton of different reviewers hence their inconsistency and oversights in many of the reviews. I'm not a huge fan of CNET but I think for the general Joe they do an adequate job and a good service. For people more tech inclined like most here, they leave something to be desired.

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Where is this no radio comment?

Its not about the micro. On many reviews that Cnet does they list "no radio" as a con in their pro and con comparison. But that "no radio" coment is missing from all of the ipod reviews. take it for what you will.... rediculus conspiracies anyone?
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #12 of 22
eh yeah cnet says in pretty much every mp3 player except the ipod that a con i no radio :/

Feb 23, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #13 of 22
I have about as much use for Cnet as I do for radioactive toilet paper. I have even less use for the tards that post their own 'reviews' there. Nothing but rabid, 13yo, fanboys who know nothing about anything.

Feb 23, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #15 of 22
good eye, they did change it. yet another reason why cnet is completely unproffesional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back