Oh glorious skullcandy, you suck.
Jan 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

wuaffiliate

100+ Head-Fier
So a year ago i bought my first pair of "decent" headphones aka over $30 and they were skullcandy hesh. I was then a few months later mugged and the guy broke them when he tried to steal them off my neck, which ended very badly for him. I then purchased another pair since i didn't know any better and i liked them since they sounded decent enough. Those then broke within 3 months time, it started as a small crack then turned into this:

I then spent 3 months in RMA to get another set and after getting them the first week of January this is what happened last night as i took them off.

So all i can say is what most people here know already, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GARBAGE MANUFACTURER. Their Chinese sweatshop made abortion of headphones are cheaply built and offer no lasting quality.

I am going to attempt to get a full refund, if it doesn't work i am going to rampage on the internet and make sure every single website that sells, reviews and promotes this garbage company has my opinion plastered all over it.

Sorry for the rant, and i know most people know these are bad phones. But most complaints about this manufacturer are about SQ not build quality.

Thank god i have ATH-M50s on the way!

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 16
We know that the build quality is bad...

But skullcandy has a lifetime warranty. Just keep on replacing and rant more in the future.
tongue.gif

Good luck with your M50!

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 16
Good choice on M50, I bet you won't get mugged for them. xD

Mugger only know Skullcandy and maybe Bose, no one would think M50 is more expensive than it lol. Just on the extreme end, phones like HD25 SRH840 won't get mugged even they are quite pricey but look bland unless the mugger is a audiophile... xD

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaffiliate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank god i have ATH-M50s on the way!

I just picked the M50's up for my portable rig and like them. Hopefully you feel the same way.

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ra97oR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unless the mugger is a audiophile... xD

He/she was mugged by the Head-fiers, telling him/her to buy more and more audio equipment. True story.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by iHelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We know that the build quality is bad...

But skullcandy has a lifetime warranty. Just keep on replacing and rant more in the future.
tongue.gif

Good luck with your M50!

I'm replacing these and just ebaying them off hehe.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayofPain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ended badly for him?

we require more info

Seconded.

Also, I just had to telly you that I actually laughed at the title. Thank you for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Nkk

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

He/she was mugged by the Head-fiers, telling him/her to buy more and more audio equipment. True story.

wuaffiliate was mugged by head-fi'ers to rid them of terrible headphones
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninkul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wuaffiliate was mugged by head-fi'ers to rid them of terrible headphones
tongue.gif

+1.
smile.gif
It was a sign...

It was Jude who stole the Skullcandy!! The thief-like helper!!!

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 16
The mugger tried to do you a favour...
Congrats on the ATH M50.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

tongue.gif

serious? lifetime warranty.. no wonder the prices are so high

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ra97oR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good choice on M50, I bet you won't get mugged for them. xD

Mugger only know Skullcandy and maybe Bose, no one would think M50 is more expensive than it lol. Just on the extreme end, phones like HD25 SRH840 won't get mugged even they are quite pricey but look bland unless the mugger is a audiophile... xD

i think you're more likely to be mugged for your mp3 player than the headphones, much easier to offload

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaffiliate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their Chinese sweatshop made abortion of headphones are cheaply built and offer no lasting quality.

Don't think just because something is made in China it's made in a sweatshop. Don't be ignorant. I work here, do you think I work in a sweatshop too? I'm very happy that my next $1000 purchase is 100% designed and built in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back