oh crap... sorry about your wallet
May 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

darkangel9685

100+ Head-Fier
okay, so i bought a pair of igrado's online, and it was all fine and dandy.

earlier in the week i just happened to bid on a pair of k501's , thinking "its on for another week or so, i wont win, so what the heck"

boy was i wrong....

$122.50(not inculding shipping from TX to NY) later, i won them. crap. wasn't prepared to win them.
eek.gif

luckily i got a $500 check from work's vacation club (they take, say $10/wk outta your paycheck, and u get it in 50 weeks - $10/wk x 50wks = $500), so guess where thats going!

just thought i'd share my day's story. I guess the old adage fits here - welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

Additionally, because i think its kinda funny, i bought a cd with gift card $$ i had left over from x-mas. I open it, the new NIN cd, and i find two of the same cd to my surprise. Needless to say, one went ot my brother who promptly flac'ed it.

just thought i'd share
etysmile.gif

May 4, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 15
Well at least you have money to pay for your toys and most likely will be enjoying them long after pang of spending the money.

May 4, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bunbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking for replacement pads for my Sony V150, end up here. Cost me about $500 so far.

K501/iGrado over V150 parts... Good Choice mate!!
tongue.gif

May 4, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 15
I was looking for info about Shure's yellow tip... somehow I ended up here... cost me... ur... don't want to calculate that =_=

May 4, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 15
I hear you there. My friggin finger has a mind of its own. Just yesterday, it clicked the Buy button on a pair of 325is and then somehow found its way to Amazon and clicked the Buy button on a pair of PortaPros. My eyes weren't happy when they had to read my credit card number not once...but two times in a day. My finger is on restriction now and no longer allowed to go to anymore headphone sites.
rs1smile.gif

May 4, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Additionally, because i think its kinda funny, i bought a cd with gift card $$ i had left over from x-mas. I open it, the new NIN cd, and i find two of the same cd to my surprise. Needless to say, one went ot my brother who promptly flac'ed it.

just thought i'd share
etysmile.gif

Sweet, so you got 2 copies of Year Zero?

May 4, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet, so you got 2 copies of Year Zero?

yes, yes i did. at first i thought it was a dvd or sumthing, but no, i put both in the cd player, adn both were the same

May 5, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #12 of 15
You guys are aware that the Year Zero CD does a trick after you pull it out of your CD player, right?

May 5, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkangel9685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

earlier in the week i just happened to bid on a pair of k501's , thinking "its on for another week or so, i wont win, so what the heck"

boy was i wrong....

$122.50(not inculding shipping from TX to NY) later, i won them. crap. wasn't prepared to win them.
eek.gif

Been there, done that....luckyli I've got a taxrefund of 4000$
Mine was a philips SBC 1500 set

May 6, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are aware that the Year Zero CD does a trick after you pull it out of your CD player, right?

Yep, got it the day it came out, put it in my friends car stereo black, and it came out white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back