Oh crap i just ordered a Creative Zen and SE530
Mar 31, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kmanmx

100+ Head-Fier
I feel a little bit like 'oh crap' now after i just browsed a few pages after searching 'Creative Zen' on here. I just ordered some Shure SE530 headphones and a Creative Zen MP3 player, assuming that it would be good like creatives sound cards.. but oh no, it seems you guys think it's terrible
eek.gif
mad.gif

I ordered the Shure's because i prefer music to be on the warm side of flat, with punchy bass (which everyone says the Zen has none of) and nice lush mids..

Will i be totally dissapointed now ? or are you guys just being over the top (hopeing
smily_headphones1.gif
but i guess not), as many of you will not even listen to headphones through a head-out on a cdp, even though it sounds perfectly fine.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 11
The earphones are overkill considering the mediocre source you bought them for.
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The earphones are overkill considering the mediocre source you bought them for.
frown.gif

The Zen was for around the house use when my cdp is not on hand.

I have a £200 denon CDP with headphone out, hopeing that the the SE530's come with a line level attenuator ...? although i have a feeling my CDP matches the impedence of the headphones. I plugged im my Grado SR225's, sennheiser HD650, and some ATH CK7 earbuds and at the same volume on the cdp they were all very close in sound loudness.

I also have a £1200 amp/cdp setup (rotel) with a headout.

So will it sound pretty crap through the Zen ?

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by qqbingbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 530s are among the best IEMs in market generally.

Yes, but the source and amp (Zen) isn't .. there only as good as what there being told to play remember.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 11
Hey, don't get discouraged. A lot of people think they're bad because (and this is if the SQ is the same or close to the Creative Zen Vision: M) it has a cold sound, but in reality, if this is the truth, they'd be perfect because the SE530's are said to be very warm. Never let anybody get you thinking something is bad, until you confirm it yourself.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this situation calls for a subtitled pic....
f8a930c6.jpg

Haha, this is one of my favorite things to say
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #10 of 11
Well hopefully your right.

Don't at all take this in a bad way, but i do tend to find people make the differences in sound between different headphones and amps seem a lot more than it really is. People say they will never listen to onboard audio..i just bought a £100 soundcard, and it did sound better. But not a 'tremendous difference' like everyone makes out
tongue.gif

I'll have a see and report back.

Now im off to listen to Newton Faulkners handbuilt by robots album which sounds utterly SUPERB through Grado headphones, best album i have ever herd. Seriously, download it now
wink.gif

It's awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back