Oh boy, now I've done it...double upgrade!!!
Aug 15, 2005 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DJ_JonnyV

100+ Head-Fier
Well, placed my order for some new Sennheiser HD595s and Shure E4cs earlier today.
biggrin.gif
The 595s are for home use with my Marantz SR5500 receiver which has Dolby Surround built in for watching movies and doing some music listening. Going to try unamped first and see how things go. The 595s were a front runner due to it's low impedence. These will be replacing some Sennheiser RS65s wireless setup.

The E4cs will be replacing some E3cs for my work setup. I was running the E3cs straight out of a Pioneer Elite PD-F59 (not sure on model #). It's a 25 disc changer that I thought always sounded pretty sweet with the E3cs, except for the light bass and rolling off of the highs of course. Well, then I happened upon this site. I might try to add an inexpensive amp here in the next few weeks to round out the bass on the E4cs as that seems to help. Any good recommendations for an amp <$100 for E4cs? I have nothing against Cmoys, but would prefer one in something beefier than an Altoids tin. Let you all know how they turn out.

Aug 15, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 3
You could look at a pocketamp v2 or a go vibe, both are in sturdy cases. I like the pocketamp with my e4c's, though the bass is a little looser with it. It's a darker amp. Might be a good or bad match for it, depending on what you want.

I hope you like the e4's, they're my favorite canalphones. I had the 595's and like them a lot, too.
Hope you enjoy your purchases!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back